Kickstarter campaign for customizable GameCube controller goes live, reaches $700,000 in funding

The GameCube controller is one of the most classic gamepads, but some feel that it's lacking in certain aspects. That's why a company has taken to Kickstarter, in order to create the ultimate modernized, competitive-friendly GameCube controller. Called the Panda Controller, it features improvements upon Nintendo's creation, such as a tactile d-pad, wireless connectivity, customizable triggers, an expansion pack, and swappable internals. In a video that showcases the Panda Controller, it's advertised as being easily taken apart in order to use new shells that change the grip or buttons. It's usable with modern platforms as well as the original GameCube. The Panda Controller is currently available on Kickstarter, with the $90 tier netting you the gamepad itself, which is scheduled to launch in December 2022.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually has a rumble motor, 10/10.

If/when the triggers are confirmed to be dual stage, I'll get one (I don't see why they wouldn't be).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be all over this if it was like a year ago, now? I got plenty to choose from.

I recently received my Stadia controller and while it's nothing like GCN/XBX, it feels great and works across multiple devices.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Dont like the look like wavebird wireless gamecube

2. Nice to see Gamecube new features c-usb charge and bring back the Trigger feel same as Gamecube also they mention about adjust height on trigger

3. Cost is high

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What platforms is it compatible with?
designed for Gamecube/Wii (over USB-C to Gamecube cable), Switch (over bluetooth with wireless addon, or wired with usb), and probably agnostic OS over USB/Bluetooth
Make the d-pad not garbage and I'll bite
i hope it isn't garbage either, but its outright one of the things tehy mentoined changing in the design to make it both larger and have more tactile feedback

On the topic of cost, anyone who thinks its high haven't compared it to controllers that have similar functionality, or just attempted to look at the current price of an official gamecube controller. Just having the ablity to swap phyical parts easily, change the analog nature of the triggers, swap buttons over firmware, having a built in switch to turn off rumble/dpad and having included built in back buttons (which most companies either sell on the side(Sony's back pedal addon), or sell on their high end controllers (Xbox Elite controller, 150$) makes 90$ actually not that bad.

consider it when nintendo's official controller prices for the switch is 80$ (Joycons) and 70(pro controller) respectively.

Last edited by GBADWB,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's not talk about the one guy who made his controller look like a dick
The PS3 and Microsoft controllers? Guess it ain't that, but the handles were very.. "long."

8WTUjA5.jpg

bTiMu8k.jpg

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an issue with the price since people can decide on their own if it's worth it or not, but I'm surprised that so many people decided that it is worth it.

Going on the idea that this is mostly for competitive Melee players, the desire to out-swag the other players at tournaments has got to play a part in this.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controller people use to play one single game.
I actually use my gamecube controller on my switch fairly often. I still prefer it for games that don't require several buttons, where the A button is the main button (e.g Mario Kart), and is still my preferred controller for mario party.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why people love the GameCube controller... It's massively uncomfortable, the ergonomics are trash, I hate the sliding analog triggers, the childish ABXY layout is better left for Fisher-Price toys, The tiny GBA-sized Dpad hurts my thumb, the Z button is in the most useless spot... Hands-down the worst controller my hands have ever had the displeasure of holding. Sorry, not sorry... but I can't get excited over a 'slightly better' useless product. 🤮

UWUTHEWUS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why people love the GameCube controller... It's massively uncomfortable, the ergonomics are trash, I hate the sliding analog triggers, the childish ABXY layout is better left for Fisher-Price toys, The tiny GBA-sized Dpad hurts my thumb, the Z button is in the most useless spot... Hands-down the worst controller my hands have ever had the displeasure of holding. Sorry, not sorry... but I can't get excited over a 'slightly better' useless product. 🤮
wHAtS a gAMEcuBe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: