Kickgaming stops selling R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by dbgtdob, Jun 7, 2007.

Jun 7, 2007

Kickgaming stops selling R4 by dbgtdob at 9:04 PM (2,738 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. dbgtdob
    OP

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I thought it was sad that Kickgaming is no longer offering R4, The reason why i am saying for some reason is that kickgaming had been ordering R4's for months and all of a sudden they labeled the shipping label wrong and sent it to the wrong address, to make a story short, they said it was not their fault the package was shipped to the wrong address and they wont send a replacement shipment, Kickgaming is out a couple thousand dollars since they paid for the first shipment and but never received any R4's, and they either had to refund the money or replace the orders with a M3 simply, they were not happy.

http://www.kickgaming.com/r4ds-c-46.html

2. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I wonder who their distributor is... no, they're coming directly from R4 team's secret fab plants in China.

anyway, that sucks. I don't like how R4 dealt with this situation though.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] immagine a big box of r4s turning up at your door, Im jealous.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    If a wrong address was put on it and that address didn't exist wouldn't the package get returned to the sender?

- Sam

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

Probably, but they said the person that received them kept them, so apparently, the address was valid. Lucky bastard.

6. dbgtdob
    OP

United States
    you can keep it, lol i remember on that married with children episode where al was sent that record, and marcy told him since he did not pay for it and it was sent to him he could keep it, but when buck was sent a credit card, he pretended to be buck and racked up all those hotel bills lol, even though this is a serious case where they lost alot of money.

7. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    That sucks... I would ask the R4 Team for the address they sent it to then go round to that person's house and ask for the R4s back... It probably wouldn't work.

- Sam

8. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I bought an LCD screen off ebay to replace in my laptop. The mailman gave it to the wrong house, somewhere in my neighborhood. He did take the time though, to scan the tracking bar code, so the package was marked "delivered." All the post office could do was knock on a few possible houses it could have gone to and ask them nicely, "Did you get this package by mistake?"

Oddly, I didn't find anyone in my small town selling that particular model LCD screen on ebay. So, who knows where it ended up...

9. dbgtdob
    OP

United States
    what happens if they shipped it to some other country, that would not work, but yeah it bites that its R4's part and they sent it to the wrong address.

10. DS64

Member DS64 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont know how the laws are there, but over here I cant see how that would be legal, just because it was sent to the wrong address doesnt mean it belongs to you. Ive had a number of packages come to my house accidentally through the years, phones, , stuff from amazon, etc, not once did I decide to keep them.

11. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Isn't this what recorded delivery's for, where you need to sign your name upon receipt so they know who's got it? Or can't you use that when shipping from abroad? Problem is, not only is it international but the legality of something like the R4 is somewhat questionable. If Kickgaming try dragging it through the courts they run the risk of getting sued themselves in the process. It's a tricky one.

12. Regiiko

Member Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Here, the couriers don't even bother.

And I made it clear to the supplier that I bought my R4 off that I wanted to sign for the courier.

Instead, they just jammed it into my cat door, leaving my poor cat inside all day :/

13. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    that is HORRIBLE. you should SUE [​IMG]

14. Nescafe

Newcomer Nescafe Member

United States
    ouch that sucks, i guess they dont want to eat the cost and since R4 sells so many anyways they dont care about kickgaming since they have other customers.

15. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    its the mail curiors fualt they should get the money from them

16. Evilkoko

Member Evilkoko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow that's so grimy. Hope they get their money back from the courier.

17. Nescafe

Newcomer Nescafe Member

United States
    they dont cover the cost unless the package is insured i thought.

18. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

Member TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

United States
    How could they ship a large wholesale order and not have it insured/signed for. What kind of business is that?

19. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    r4ds factory shipped my package with dhl and i had to sign for it. maybe kicktrading wanted cheaper shipping?

20. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    If kicktrading didn't have insurance on the package, it's not totally R4 team's fault. R4 team's fault is being careless to steady wholesale customer (meaning kicktrading) and not trusting kicktrading's lost shipment report.
    I guess if both R4 team and kicktrading goto carrier to file claim or something they could solve it. If R4 team lets the carrier know they put a wrong address and Kicktrading proves that they're supposed to be the receiver. Isn't it illegal to keep wrong delivery in North America? I've rejected a couple wrong parcels because they're so easy to track and I don't wanna be charged for it.
    And, if such a large shipment came from overseas didn't the wrong receiver have to pay import tax? Doubt it was marked "gift"
    What are the chances of wrong receiver owning, or knowing that the shipment contained load of R4s, knowing what R4s are, and willing to pay import tax for wrong shipment all together?