Hacking Kickgaming, never though I'd have to say that....

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I ordered my M3 Simply + Kingston 1GB the 16th at 11PM. I could have got it for $15 less but since Kickgaming was Canadian and suposeddly had a fast service, I went with them. Both items were advertised to "ships in 36 hours" but this has unfortunately not been the case. My order was updated to [processed] on the 17th. So right now everything seems okay...

However, saturday came and it was still no shipped. I e-mailed them because it was advertised to be in 36 hours. I never got an awnser but it was updated to "shipped" the 20th (sunday, wich I find odd...). Monday passed and I received no tracking number still. I e-mailed them and I only got an awnser this afternoon (then again, "we awnser in 24 hours" wasn't met). They said it was shipped the 20th and I should get the tracking number TODAY, after they come back at the office. Now it's 5PM and still nothing, they are in Kitchener and me in Quebec city so same time zone.

The strangest things is as follow: I paid for ground shipping, dunno wich company but....
Kitchener-> Quebec. They shipped on the 20th and we are the 23th.

UPS Ground= 2 days
Fedex Ground accelerated= 2 days
Fedex Ground= before late 2nd day
Canada post Xpresspost= 2 days
Canada post Expeditied parcel= 2 days
Canada post standard= 3-4 days (NOT available for commercial use).

Today is the 3rd day and still nothing...

If this was to redo, I'd have ordered from modchipstore.ca , wich are located in Manitoba if I recall. It would've cost the same price but a DSTT (I remembered to check there just after I had ordered) rather than a M3 simply and my package would have arrived monday.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered my M3 Simply + Kingston 1GB the 16th at 11PM. I could have got it for $15 less but since Kickgaming was Canadian and suposeddly had a fast service, I went with them. Both items were advertised to "ships in 36 hours" but this has unfortunately not been the case. My order was updated to [processed] on the 17th. So right now everything seems okay...

However, saturday came and it was still no shipped. I e-mailed them because it was advertised to be in 36 hours. I never got an awnser but it was updated to "shipped"Â the 20th (sunday, wich I find odd...). Monday passed and I received no tracking number still. I e-mailed them and I only got an awnser this afternoon (then again, "we awnser in 24 hours" wasn't met). They said it was shipped the 20th and I should get the tracking number TODAY, after they come back at the office. Now it's 5PM and still nothing, they are in Kitchener and me in Quebec city so same time zone.

The strangest things is as follow: I paid for ground shipping, dunno wich company but....
Kitchener-> Quebec. They shipped on the 20th and we are the 23th.

UPS Ground= 2 days
Fedex Ground accelerated= 2 days
Fedex Ground= before late 2nd day
Canada post Xpresspost= 2 days
Canada post Expeditied parcel= 2 days
Canada post standard= 3-4 days (NOT available for commercial use).

Today is the 3rd day and still nothing...

If this was to redo, I'd have ordered from modchipstore.ca , wich are located in Manitoba if I recall. It would've cost the same price but a DSTT (I remembered to check there just after I had ordered) rather than a M3 simply and my package would have arrived monday.

patience is a virtue

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm yes I know but when

a) processing time is not met
b) e-mails are not awnsered or not in time
c) shipping time is not met (although it's not their fault but still odd, since I sometimes order things from Vancouver with CP Expeditied and it takes 3 business days).
d) you pay extra because they are supposed to be fast
you have something to be annoyed.

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes and that's why I paid a $15 extra for them, hoping to get it monday.

I know it is not of they fault now because it was shipped but still.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No offense to Kickgaming (aka Kicktrading when I used to buy from them), but Gamersection.ca ships for like $11, and I've always got their stuff 3 days from when I ordered. Shipped from Quebec to Toronto.
Kickgaming usually takes me 5 days..

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offense to Kickgaming (aka Kicktrading when I used to buy from them), but Gamersection.ca ships for like $11, and I've always got their stuff 3 days from when I ordered. Shipped from Quebec to Toronto.
Kickgaming usually takes me 5 days..

I'm in Quebec city so I have to pay an extra 7.5% when ordering from gamersection. That was the problem. It was $68 only for the M3 Simply, no uSD cards
frown.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KickGaming uses Canada Post to ship their products within Canada. If you chose ground shipping, you'll get the regular 3-4 day service. You ordered on the 16th, so with a 36h turnaround, the earliest your package could have shipped was on Friday. You may not know, but with Canada Post, the day you send your package doesn't count towards the business day total. Therefore, whether your package shipped on Friday, Saturday or Sunday makes no difference to the overall shipping time. Since you're in Quebec, you'll likely feel the full four day shipping time (i.e. your package arrives Thursday). If your package didn't arrive on Thursday, I'd wonder what had happened, but so far it all seems normal to me. You normally don't get the tracking number from the automatic Canada Post system right away, and even if you do, it won't register for hours - telling you it doesn't recognize the number. That's Canada Post for you!

I frequently order from KickGaming (it's a sickness), and it always takes three business days, not counting the day they ship out, or weekend days of course. (I live in Toronto.) Once you understand how Canada Post's shipping works, you'll feel much better. Oh yes, and GamerSection always ships out to me using a courier company (FedEx), not Canada Post - so shipping from them is quicker.

Edit: Oh yes, on KickGaming's contact page, it says "All messages sent from this page are usually answered within 24 hours." Patience is a virtue.
smile.gif

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I gotta agree with Qrayzie, I ordered from both, and was very satisfied with Both... quick shipping, good service, always replied to my questions... I am a very satisfied customer of both...

A recent misadventure happened to a co-worker who ordered with Gamersection and it took him 9 (business) days to get his package... but he finally got it.

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KickGaming uses Canada Post to ship their products within Canada. If you chose ground shipping, you'll get the regular 3-4 day service.

3-4 days with regular post is for residencial service, it's 2 days for business, you're telling kickgaming doesn't have a business account? If they don't then it should come tomorrow. When I order from directcanada.ca with canada post ground, it takes 3 or 4 days (took 6 with Fedex ground when I used them one time) but those are in Vancouver so yeah, they probably don't use a business account. If I had known that they don't use business, I'd have payed $1.25 more for Xpresspost (again, when I order from blankmedia, wich is also in Kitchener, it always takes 2 days with regular).

You ordered on the 16th, so with a 36h turnaround, the earliest your package could have shipped was on Friday. You may not know, but with Canada Post, the day you send your package doesn't count towards the business day total. Therefore, whether your package shipped on Friday, Saturday or Sunday makes no difference to the overall shipping time. Since you're in Quebec, you'll likely feel the full four day shipping time (i.e. your package arrives Thursday). If your package didn't arrive on Thursday, I'd wonder what had happened, but so far it all seems normal to me. You normally don't get the tracking number from the automatic Canada Post system right away, and even if you do, it won't register for hours - telling you it doesn't recognize the number. That's Canada Post for you! [/quote]

The system is refreshed each 24 hours, it's true. However, when I order from directcanada.com , modchipstore.ca or blankmedia.ca , i get the tracking number as soon as it ships (from the resseller) & they add it to my order status. I receive the email from canada post they day after.

Edit: Oh yes, on KickGaming's contact page, it says "All messages sent from this page are usually answered within 24 hours." Patience is a virtue.
smile.gif

What about the e-mail I sent saturday that still hasn't got an awnser?

EDIT: Manual quote doesn't work here?

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, people are SO impatient. It seems like everybody on here wants instant gratification, and they whine when they don't get it.

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, people are SO impatient. It seems like everybody on here wants instant gratification, and they whine when they don't get it.

No, I just want to receive tracking number before I get my package in hands. They told me it would come in my email yesterday's when the shipping team comes back, and look, I still haven't got it. Only one of the 4-emails I sent was answered.
I specially paid $15 more because I only heard good things about them, and that they were doing fast service, which hasn't been the case yet.

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just like I thought.

Package didn't made it today and still no tracking number.

If I don't get either the tracking number or the package tomorrow, I'm gonna open a case with Visa.
They don't want to send a tracking number, which means they might not even have shipped it. If by any means CP lost the package, I can't even open a case with them because I got no tracking number.

A company failing to deliver a simple tracking number in the delivery time? Sorry but it is no more of me being impatient.
CP also states 3 or 4 days on their website, witch hasn't been met witch means that it might no even have been shipped! (they don't want to send me a tracking number!).

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Just like I thought.

Package didn't made it today and still no tracking number.

If I don't get either the tracking number or the package tomorrow, I'm gonna open a case with Visa.
They don't want to send a tracking number, which means they might not even have shipped it. If by any means CP lost the package, I can't even open a case with them because I got no tracking number.

A company failing to deliver a simple tracking number in the delivery time? Sorry but it is no more of me being impatient.
CP also states 3 or 4 days on their website, witch hasn't been met witch means that it might no even have been shipped! (they don't want to send me a tracking number!).
Well, I can't diagree with you on that one.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jumping in with the great service bandwagon...bought quite a few products from them (From Kicktrading as well as the current Kickgaming) and I have only had A+ service. I never bothered to email them though so not sure how they are in that department. All I know is I paid for a product and got the product....much MUCH faster than companies like WinSunX

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might only be in the "wrong" time. I don't doubt most people have had great service with them since I see good review everywhere.

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally received the tracking number. God I like how it goes fast when you start speaking about canceling with the CC company....

It was shipped by CP Expeditied, so they do use business account. Lastest delivery date was yesterday. I'm gonna call canadapost RIGHT NOW.

sh!t, only opened 6-6PM EAST. To ask for a shipping refund of canadapost, it must be made 48 hours after the supposed delivery date, so the time limit is tomorrow evening. I e-mailed kickgaming and I DO hope they won't screw that one.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is weird......

I've had a good experience with kicktrading. I buy from both kicktrading and gamersection and they have all been good.

Sorry for the bad experiences.....

Sorta feel the same way about DealExtreme now.. Ive had good experiences in the past but now.. its just so bad.... two orders taking ages to ship.. how sad

Shadow_Jean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is weird......

I've had a good experience with kicktrading. I buy from both kicktrading and gamersection and they have all been good.

Sorry for the bad experiences.....

Sorta feel the same way about DealExtreme now.. Ive had good experiences in the past but now.. its just so bad.... two orders taking ages to ship.. how sad

Well they aren't that bad right Package was still shipped on the 19th. They started awnsering quickly since I said I'd be claiming with my CC company. They even sent me the tracking number 4 times in 2 days.... I've also got 3 awnsers for the same inquiry >->

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1