Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickass Torrents shut down by US government

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

Copyright holders rejoice! The largest torrent site on earth has been taken down by the US government a few days back. After posing as an advertiser they managed to trace the money back to a Ukrainian guy, Artem Vaulin. It's quite the story really, check out the full article here.

What do you think is going to happen now? Is this a hard blow to piracy or are most people just going to use another site? Will there always be another site to take the lead? Discuss.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, after Megaupload died, we got alternatives, so I guess we'll be fine in the long run. Right now through it'll get a bit annoying to find a massive public tracker like that, although The Penguin Bar still works, it has been very unstable too.

Basically, we'll get an alternative soon and people will move to it, it's a hard blow, but it's not a big deal IMO.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy thing is I must have been using KAT a mere couple of hours before it was annihilated. Personally, I think there will always be another to rise and take it's place, there always is. In the meantime, that certain bay full of pirates has been a long running and reasonably reliable standby.

Reactions: NakedFaerie

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice try hollywood but people are still not buying your crap anymore
face it you suck and you are irrelevant , every thing you put out is so shit tier that it is literally on par with new ghostbusters , it's literally over for you
it doesn't matter how many "piracy" FAIR USE,file sharing sites you SHUT IT DOWN!
it's not not going to make sucky pile of shit movies get any god damn better or get people to pay your overpriced ticket prices
of course raising ticket prices isn't helping you much either
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/movie-ticket-prices-1201816485/
you are going the way of the record industry and it is you own fault , you lazy greedy *** bastards
so go suck a BBC RIAA and MPAA

can't wait till you are out if business so we can get some one with some talent imagination and meaningful ideas to take your place
everything you have put out int he last 10 years is metroid federation force tier ,yes EVERYTHING

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KAT was my go-to site, so this sucks. Granted, I haven't been torrenting as often as months ago, but it still sucks. There are alternatives, but it takes a while for one, or a returning KAT, to be as big as the biggest. Megaupload went down years ago, and it took a long time for Mega to soar to familiar heights. TPB seemed to never have reached its biggest heights from before, so it's either slow return or not a good one at all. At least from my observations.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“Records provided by Apple showed that [email protected] conducted an iTunes transaction using IP Address 109.86.226.203 on or about July 31, 2015. The same IP Address was used on the same day to login into the KAT Facebook,” the complaint reads."

WOW just WOW
this is actually considered evidence?
1st of all why would a "pirate" need to purchase anything from itunes? it makes no sense in the context of their (EXTREMELY WEAK) case
second of all anyone could have stolen this persons itunes password (especially $up3r 133t h4x0r$ who run torrenting sites)considering apples extremely poor security, and their track record
an IP address is NOT a person , weak evidence

Last edited by weatMod,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
torrents , still good for software
but for movies you might as well just get a kodi box now
why bother saving large files locally when you can just stream good enough quality instantly?
as far as movies and tv go torrents were already dead in the water with other methods such as kodi addons gaining such popularity now
the only thing that bother me is that it is not that easy to find dolby digital streams or 3d streams
but with actions like this it will improve as more users are driven to go underground
https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-enters-the-dark-web-adds-official-tor-address-160607/
and other to use streaming methods instead for their content
they are just digging their own hole deeper faster

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
why bother saving large files locally when you can just stream good enough quality instantly?
as far as movies and tv go torrents were already dead in the water with other methods such as kodi addons gaining such popularity now
the only thing that bother me is that it is not that easy to find dolby digital streams or 3d streams
but with actions like this it will improve as more users are driven to go underground
https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-enters-the-dark-web-adds-official-tor-address-160607/

Why are you so mad? LOL
----------
On topic, private trackers are definitely the better way to go when one wants to dabble with torrents.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us have ADSL and can't stream movies in "good enough" quality. I like my 720p

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use private trackers for anything I download on a consistent basis, so its not a big loss for me. It'll probably be back soon at least. It was my go to when I happened to need a piece of software

Reactions: retrofan_k

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you so mad? LOL
----------
On topic, private trackers are definitely the better way to go when one wants to dabble with torrents.
because the industry is so full of itself that it actually thinks anyone wants to "pirate" their crap
what a joke they have their heads so far up their own asses they actually think their declining revenues are due to "piracy"
and not to the absolute shit tier garbage that they are churning out day after day year after year
their content quality has been on steady decline for decades now to put it mildly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some of us have ADSL and can't stream movies in "good enough" quality. I like my 720p
what pat of the country? why can't you get a decent cable connection?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because the industry is so full of itself that it actually thinks anyone wants to "pirate" their crap
what a joke they have their heads so far up their own asses they actually think their declining revenues are due to "piracy"
and not to the absolute shit tier garbage that they are churning out day after day year after year
their content quality has been on steady decline for decades now to put it mildly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what pat of the country? why can't you get a decent cable connection?
Middle of nowhere. Only cable internet has a 350GB cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass