KH HD collection to be announced in E3 (Rumor)

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The same source revealed that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 existed before any other site, said now that Kingdom Hearts HD Remix will be announced at E3 2012 - or Kingdom Hearts: Remembrance. Do not know the correct name yet.

This game, which is actually a collection, would Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep. All they would be updated with changes to the HD graphics and would even new sidequests that would help unite the storylines of the games.

This collection will be released for PS3, Vita and Wii U. The Wii U version will have connections with Kingdom Hearts 3D.
That's the google translation from a Brazilian gaming site so bear with any mistake, please. Anyway, I am doubting this rumor for some reason because I don't think that they would put the whole collection for the Wii U, maybe the PS3 but I wouldn't count the Wii U in. But in any case, if this is true, anything KH is welcome :D

Source:
http://translate.goo...3D38607%23title (the translated page)

Reactions: 1 person

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just one of those fanboy rumors, as far as I can tell. I could see maybe a KH I + II + BBS Remastered HD triple pack for the PS3, but that's all I can really see them doing if they decide to do anything at all. Regardless, the story lines aren't made to be united, per se. They're all just there to fill in holes, details, ultimately revealing more of the overall mystery. As it stands, it's pretty easy to connect all of the information out there. Even the most seemingly disjointed piece has its place.

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Highly doubt this.
PS Vita? Wii? Wii U?

Also CoM was important, very misinformed. It was the bridge game which connects KH1 and 2.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, CoM had like, three imperative pieces of information. Everything else was pretty minor filler to flesh out the game a little bit. I will say that it has become substantially more important as time has gone on and we've learned exactly why the events of Castle Oblivion even occurred, and why Organization XIII was there. Still though, there isn't a lot of truly important information specifically in that game. Really, brief scenes in BBS told me more about Castle Oblivion and why the Organization was there than the entirety of CoM did.

Essentially, CoM exists to say how Sora ended up in a pod for a length of time. Basically, an excuse to make Sora older for KH II.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Highly doubt this.
PS Vita? Wii? Wii U?

Also CoM was important, very misinformed. It was the bridge game which connects KH1 and 2.
Exactly. And btw, it was a mistranslation, it was meant to be Wii U not Wii XD

And to be honest, I never cared to play it. But I think you're right. My bad for posting that, I will edit it out.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PS3 and Wii U does seem likely, but I wonder how large the size file is for PS Vita and how many cards are needed.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could kind of see it being likely for PS3, and maybe for PS Vita, although, it probably wouldn't include COM or 358/2.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a RE:COM that is a Ps2 game, a remake of the GBA KH:CoM

if there is a KH HD collection

is most likely will have the ps2 version(re:CoM) not the GBA version
Ugh...
the PS2 version sucked. That card battle bull is cute on the GBA, but on a system that could run the second one its downright stupid.

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
To be fair, CoM had like, three imperative pieces of information. Everything else was pretty minor filler to flesh out the game a little bit. I will say that it has become substantially more important as time has gone on and we've learned exactly why the events of Castle Oblivion even occurred, and why Organization XIII was there. Still though, there isn't a lot of truly important information specifically in that game. Really, brief scenes in BBS told me more about Castle Oblivion and why the Organization was there than the entirety of CoM did.

Essentially, CoM exists to say how Sora ended up in a pod for a length of time. Basically, an excuse to make Sora older for KH II.

Don't forget that CoM also explains why part of the Organization XIII is dead.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U version will have connections with Kingdom Hearts 3D.
If this is true, I'll go put down a preorder for a WiiU.
If not, I'll go buy a PS3 like I've been meaning to for years.

I'll say right now though that Re: Chain of Memories for the PS2 was lame. If you want to play the game and not think it's crap, stick to the GBA.

As for the rest, I've played every KH game at least twice, but an HD version would blow my mind. Hopefully they'll take the Halo Anniversary methodology of leaving the engine alone, bumping up the graphics and adding some new content here and there(hopefully in addition to the Final Mix content).

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am no fan of the franchise (I'm pretty sure I've made this clear plenty of times), but if they really are making a third Kingdom Hearts game, this would be a logical, sensible move. Nice to see they're charting new territory!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse