KH 358/2 days - something about the story

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by luneth22, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009
  1. luneth22
    OP

Member luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    After beating the game, i found myself wondering what the story is about...sure, i understood most of it, but i want some qns answered...mainly... [​IMG]

1. What happened between Roxas and Riku's final encounter?

2. Was Roxas brainwashed after being placed into a virtual twilight town, after he was defeated by Ansem?

3. What part does Mickey play in the game? he only met Riku/Ansem once in a cutscene, and thats it.

2. Cavedude

Member Cavedude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It may help to have played the other games and complete if you haven't. This is what i've analyzed.

1.)Not too sure. Probably just Riku trying to show how the dark side is better as usual.
    2.) Roxas is Sora's "Nobody", spawned after the fight in Castle Oblivion(KH1) were you watch Sora catch kairi, and you see a heart come out from sora, that is his heart turning into a nobody(Roxas).
    3.) Not much, he is just added to show effect that he is still around i assume, just like the other games.

If your interested I'm sure if you read up on a wiki page you'll find more info.

3. luneth22
    OP

Singapore
    Regarding no 2 i don't think u answered my question...i mean i know Roxas is the nobody of Sora already

4. Cavedude

United States
    No he was not brainwashed. Roxas' story takes place after Kingdom Hearts. I believe 358 1/2 days is technically a filler to what happened before Kingdom Hearts:CoM. This is just the back story of what Roxas and Axels relationship was and what went on to the Organization and Roxas.

So no honestly I believe he doesn't know better, if you remember KH2 he is just hanging around being friends with pence, olette n em.

But go do your research : p

5. NatureMade

Member NatureMade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, to correct the gentleman above me, KH 358/2 is NOT a prequel to CoM. I'm not sure what you would call it. From what I've gathered, it takes place before CoM by a little bit, but also is AFTER CoM, and what Roxas and everybody was up to.

As for the answers to your questions, I have provided them, but please be forewarned
    They may spoil parts of the game for you, and if you haven't beaten it yet and dont' want to know, I suggest you stop reading my post now.

1. What basically happened [and it IS explained in KH2, is that Roxas and Riku were fighting, Riku was trying to capture him to help DiZ put him in the Virtual Twilight Town, and when Riku couldn't beat him alone, He tapped into darkness' power. The unfortunate side-effect of this was taking on the apperance of Ansem.

2. I'm not sure myself. He may have been, seeing as he had no recollection of who he was or his ability to wield the keyblade in the beginning of KH2. It could have also been a side-effect of being transmitted into data onto the virtual world. Parts of data containing his memories could've been taken away, causing him to forget.

3. I doubt he plays a HUGE role in this game. Just showing that he is still there supporting Riku and working on his investigation, as usual.

6. luneth22
    OP

Singapore
    Good answers. This game was supposed to set the stage for Kingdom Hearts 2, like u said

7. Cavedude

United States
    Yeah well obviously it takes place before and after CoM, i realized this last night when thinking about it.

Meh it'll all make sense when English comes out lol.

8. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    1. From wat I could get out of it, the final scene with Xion, it telling Roxas about Xehanort and telling him not to let him get Kingdom Hearts(I think)
    Roxas goes back to take on the organization(thats my assumption) runs into Riku and a bunch of Heartless, Riku tries to capture him to restore Sora's memory, unable to beat him, Riku becomes "Ansem."
    2. Roxas does lose his memory after being put in the virtual twilight town, however I don't know why, the only reason I could think of, is something to do with either Riku's darkness and it wiping his memory like he was beaten so bad that when he fainted, he lost his memory, or Diz did something, like wipe his memory.
    3. Mickey just going around, making sure things are in order/ helping riku/preparing for Sora's return? idk, in CoM, he says he will walk the road between light and dark WITH Riku, so I don't really know, he plays a relatively small role in this game.