tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR HELP WITH THE PATCH OR ROM
ALL DISCUSSION IS FOR HELP WITH THE GAME ITSELF.

k thanks.

Ok, now that we have that settled, please post any questions you have regarding the game if you are stuck or cannot figure out some part.

Also, if anyone can do a quick translation of the menu/options and I'll also find out the controls and post them here.

Controls:
Dpad- move around
A- Attack or select command
B- Jump. Also used as a sort of air dash when you press it again while jumping.
X- cycle through the commands. Pressing it makes the selection go down through the list
Y- guard when standing still. When pressing left or right, performs a dodge roll. And glide while jumping. Can be used with on-screen prompts to use alternative combos.
L- used as a shortcut. You can press this in combination with the ABXY buttons as a shortcut to items or spells, which you manually set to those ABXY buttons.
R- position camera behind you. double tapping R locks on to the next opponent
Touch screen- swing camera around.

Menu Options (will be updated as I find out more):
Second to last option from the start meu is to save the game.

Mods: If thread gets out of hand with people asking for rom fixes, then feel free to lock.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, if someone can figure a way to "dissect" this ROM and get the Japenese text out of it, I can try to make an English translation... although I don't speak a word of Japanese.
rofl2.gif

I'd probably use a translator, and then reword the text to fit and make sense.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. There's no need for a translation since an English one is expected to come out this Fall. This is just temporary help for those that are stuck or don't know what to do.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I know it comes out in the Fall, but for those who would like to navigate menus, know objectives, etc, an English translation of a few major things would be a godsend.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to activate the limit breaks?

I've only been playing mission mode, just to try out all the different characters. And I don't want to ruin anything that can be ruined. lol, I'm weird.

When I get low life, there is a little golden 'LIMIT' displayed near my health. I'm sure when you reach 'gold' life you can use limit breaks, no? Does anyone know how?

Also, anyone know the whole grid customization thing? How do you use it?

Thank you.

EDIT: You should correct that double tapping R locks on to the next opponent. Also the Y button can be used with on-screen prompts to use alternative combos.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
Does anyone know how to activate the limit breaks?

I've only been playing mission mode, just to try out all the different characters. And I don't want to ruin anything that can be ruined. lol, I'm weird.

When I get low life, there is a little golden 'LIMIT' displayed near my health. I'm sure when you reach 'gold' life you can use limit breaks, no? Does anyone know how?

Also, anyone know the whole grid customization thing? How do you use it?

Thank you.
Hold "A" down while you have said limit =D Anyone know how to turn off friendly fire? Im tired of my roomate shooting me in the face as Xigbar....

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If someone could just post a translation of the menu & options that would be great i dont mind messing about just dont want to erase/overwrite the wrong bit
smile.gif

Im just going through all the tutorial stages at the mo will post if i get stuck or can help
smile.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody figure out how the grid works yet?
All I've got is the more potions you put in it the more you have in inventory. Same with ether. Also have a new keyblade in there,three level up squares, and a ring/bracelet. Also you put magic in the grid. I have a fusion that takes my three fires and allows me to use 6. I have another fusion that doesn't do anything.

start menu
panel sort maybe???-takes to grid
mission select-lists missions can repeat them
--------->Roxas's diary
--------->enemy report
tutorials
config
save
quit

start during game
continue
retire

start during video
contiue
skip

moogle shop-available day 26
buy
sell
panel mix recipe
free gift -available day 71
exit

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what you're supposed to be doing the first time you're in Agrabah? I opened the door to the desert but it won't let me go through it.

NM, found out. There was a spot I missed when I had to go looking for clues or whatever. Triggered a cutscene after I found it.

CrimsonFist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
purplesludge said:
All I've got is the more potions you put in it the more you have in inventory. Same with ether. Also have a new keyblade in there,three level up squares, and a ring/bracelet. Also you put magic in the grid. I have a fusion that takes my three fires and allows me to use 6. I have another fusion that doesn't do anything.

start menu
panel sort maybe???-takes to grid
horokuraremissho???-lists missions can repeat them
tutorials
config
save
Return to menu

start during game
continue
retire

start during video
contiue
skip

Place itams, skills and keyblades and magic in the grid to use them in game, the more spells you add the more you can use them in battle.

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
purplesludge said:

The grid is quite simple, even though it takes a while explain.

As you figured out, you can put all kinds of stuff in there. Magic, weapons, accessories, items, everything.

1st, you have the items. Each item panel is a 1-shot panel (example: you put 3 potions into it, use one during a mission, after the mission you only have 2 potions)

Next, weapons. You can only equip one at a time (even though it would be nice to have Roxas dual wield keyblades) and the ones with a link zone (the fusion panels you referred to) can be equipped with Strength, Defense and/or Ability (no idea on what this does. Maybe it has to do with the Y button combos?) panels.

Magic is almost the same as items, except they are 1-shot-per-mission panels (unless you use an Ether). The fusion panel, or Link panel you placed your Fires into multiplies the number of panels inside its Link zone by the number on the panel.

Abilities are usually one space panels that grant your character special commands (Air Recovery, Dodge Roll, Libra a.k.a. Scan).

Level up Panels increase your levels, and get Link panels that increase the number of levels each gives you.

Accessories increase the status levels of your character, and, as of now, I couldn't equip more than one at a time, but I will try again with after messing a little with my grid.

Finally, you get more space on the grid by getting some panels at the end of some missions or buying them at the shop. The same happens with Lv panels.

PS: You can only link panels of the same type (magic can't link with weapon panels)

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I forgot about that.

The link panels are the ones that, besides the normal panel, have an additional blue outline that you can put panels of the same type on (this outline being the Link zone).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans