darkglobe80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.radio-ninty.co.uk
XP
Country
A brand new flash cart I've just this second got an email about, not seen anything about this anywhere else, but they have a site up, here's the info....

QUOTE said:
KGB DS is a sleek multi-media convertor for NDS and NDSL. Many months of development have gone into making it one of the most robust and user friendly devices available. We offer quality support through regular updates, unsurpassed build quality and stringent QC testing.

KGB FEATURES:
* Plays all commercial NDS ROMS
* Plays all homebrew NDS ROMS
* Interactive touch OS
* Compatible with Moonshell (multimedia files such as movies and MP3's)
* Action Replay cheat codes supported
* Regular free OS updates
* Automatic save game type detection support
* Supports unpatched ROMs
* High quality snap lock Micro SD slot

* Quality SDHC TF/Micro SD reader included
* MicroSDHC cards are supported (up to 32GB)
* Allows you to adjust screen brightness for NDSL
* IGR (In Game Reset)
* Supports all “Download Play” ROMS
* Many slot 2 expansions supported
* Multiple language user interface
* Save game stored directly on MicroSD

main.jpg

Official Site

Reactions: 1 person

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If this is a good cart, I hope they manage to branch to more than just a Chinese based reseller. Some carts look good, but they only manage to sell at a place like Deal Extreme.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the case is nice (packaging can really make the product), it doesn't sound like anything new. Thats not a BAD thing though. I'm curious about pricing though... and how their dev/support team works.

What i'm waiting for, though, is the next major jump in flash carts. I have no idea what, or HOW, they'd do it... but all slot-1's do pretty much the same thing any more.

Here's to the future!
grog.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
* Interactive touch OS (Hopefully it's fully touch-based with some controls for people who don't want to pull out the stylus)
* Supports unpatched ROMs (Fully clean(cyclo) or just auto-patched(r4)?)
* High quality snap lock Micro SD slot (The same as the R4 and Cyclos Micro SD slots?)
* Quality SDHC TF/Micro SD reader included (One of these for realz?)
* Many slot 2 expansions supported (O.o Hope they mean built in support and not just got download GBA EXPLoader)
* Multiple language user interface (Seems to be getting popular)

After thinking about it... I'm not sure if they'll pull this off... We'll just have to wait and see. Their website doesn't seem to be in really bad English and there isn't an Asian language version of their site... Who knows what might happen.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I will only buy a flash cart that's new in the market if it has one feature that I am really looking forward to see:
  • Can play games that can only be played with slot-2 solutions
Now that's the future!

TaeK

Trophies
Website
d4nart.deviantart.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
KGB (transliteration of "???") is the Russian abbreviation for Committee for State Security (Russian: ??????? ??????????????? ?????????????·i; Komityet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti), which was the official name of the umbrella organization serving as the Soviet Union's premier security agency, secret police, and intelligence agency, from 1954 to 1991.

Nice naming... even made the packaging to look KGB I.D.-esque

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@tsimehC the site is .cn but they say they are from Europe. Not that it really matters.

Also good to know there are others up on flashcarts in that part of the world darkglobe80.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
KGB Site said:
About Us

The KGB team are seasoned consumer electronic design professionals. Our team consists of members from across Europe with skills in many electronic engineering fields such as PMP, DVB and EMBEDDED SYSTEMS.

We have years of experience, ensuring that the product you get is top notch and of absolute quality!
This sounds somewhat promising. If they add a few more features to their card I'll consider getting it.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, Looks neat. It needs a laser pointer function, that would be a totally unique feature
ohmy.gif
j/k
I've been watching Russian ex-soldiers in black lagoon pwning everyone. Now a flashcart! wooo. lol

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can't tell untill someone reviews it properly, but it seems this card's main feature is reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: