Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to play with a Keyboard and Mouse on 360?

I am interested in playing this way... Since I am a PC Gamer. And still want to play with my friends...

If I have to buy something... Link to a site so I know where I can buy one or what ever it is
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This side of an arcade I too have not seen anything to better a keyboard and mouse but it seems MS blocked such a method from the 360 and do not look set to change it any time soon.

There are a bunch of devices that translate keyboard and mouse commands into 360 readable commands but it gets a bit tricky.

First give up any real hope of having a PC grade replication but what is out there can get good- some lag exists as the way a mouse works varies a bit from the control sticks but the autoaim can usually make up for it (although I sometimes felt like I was playing an old RPG like might and magic or oblivion).

On the commercial side of things you have the likes of the XFRAG 360 from Xecuter and the XCM XFPS that latter of which you should definitely avoid anything below version 3.0.
Most of the time you are looking at around $100 USD for this sort of thing although if you look around you can push this down to just over half.
Places to get them- you have the usual online shops that sell flash cards, amazon seem to carry a couple and I have seen them in various places in the real world too but with the usual massive markup.

Another twist on that came from some controller modding types that use your PC to do a bunch of grunt work.
http://xim360.com/?page_id=9
I have never tried one but equally I have heard good things vs the adapters.

Also people have done other things like:
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12347.0

On a more crude front others still have essentially electrically remapped the controller (wire to wire sort of thing) and I have toyed with the idea of something like http://sensi.org/~svo/%5Bm%5Douse/

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D:

No way... I never knew it was such a troublesome thing...

Looks like I am going to learn how to play with a controller... At least a controller works with the PC... But what am I saying... If there is a keyboard and mouse, I might as well use it instead of a controller!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 controller doesn't use bluetooth. They use a costum coded IR. There is an IR adapter for sale to link the wireless with a pc. Check Ebay or amazon.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
The 360 controller doesn't use bluetooth. They use a costum coded IR. There is an IR adapter for sale to link the wireless with a pc. Check Ebay or amazon.

IR? That's what TV remotes use. It can only work in line of sight and is highly temperamental definitely wouldn't work well for analogue movements. Xbox 360 controllers use a wireless technology more akin to Wi-Fi on a router. Not bluetooth like a PS3 or Wii.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
I think chartube is mistaking IR for RF. IR = InfraRed, which is indeed line-of-sight. RF = Radio Frequency, which most wireless technology is currently based on since it is omni-directional.

Correct. I mistought (is that even a word). But yes it uses a costume radio frequency. Unlike the wii remote, the 360 remote can turn on my xbox from across the street. Too bad there is not a video attachment for the 360 control. I rather have mini-OLED than the chat pad.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: