Hacking Kernel exploit vs IOSU

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i believe that the kernel exploit has to be manually run every time, where as isou is system based and runs on boot

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the iosu exploit allow you to exploit all the potential of the wii u with all processors,memory,usb ports etc, the kernel allow you to use only a part of them

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
say this is off topic if you want, but i find it very fascinating how GBAtemp has so quickly gone from an enjoyable place where people come together to discuss potential progress of exploits and hacks down to a place where people belittle each other and act snarky and rude.

this is partially why i stopped being so active.. it's sad, really.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, "IOSU" is like the admin account on windows or root on linux. (Kinda but not completely) cafe ppc has access to everything including usb and whatnot. As long as it stays in the confines of its security it can do anything without issue. Picture cafe ppc a child that has free roam throughout the inside of their house. Now in order to go outside it has to ask its dad. (Cafe ARM) keep in mind that dad checks in on cafe ppc even while in the confines of home. (Ppc cafe is not left unsupervised for very long) Now, ppc cafe wants to go play outside for a bit so it asks dad. Dad takes a look at ppc then takes a look outside and says either "sure kid have fun, but ill be checking on you randomly." Or dad looks at ppc and outside and says " Oh hell no, something isnt right outside you are locked in the house for a bit. Let me figure out whats going on out there."
Or ppc has been playing and hears a knock on the door. Its a playmate yay. Dad can my playmate come in he house? Dad looks at ppc then looks at the playmate. Dad either says "sure, but stay where i can see you." Or he slams the door shut and says "Hell no, stranger danger!!! Go to your room while i lock the door." In a nutshell that is what IOSU does.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, "IOSU" is like the admin account on windows or root on linux. (Kinda but not completely) cafe ppc has access to everything including usb and whatnot. As long as it stays in the confines of its security it can do anything without issue. Picture cafe ppc a child that has free roam throughout the inside of their house. Now in order to go outside it has to ask its dad. (Cafe ARM) keep in mind that dad checks in on cafe ppc even while in the confines of home. (Ppc cafe is not left unsupervised for very long) Now, ppc cafe wants to go play outside for a bit so it asks dad. Dad takes a look at ppc then takes a look outside and says either "sure kid have fun, but ill be checking on you randomly." Or dad looks at ppc and outside and says " Oh hell no, something isnt right outside you are locked in the house for a bit. Let me figure out whats going on out there."
Or ppc has been playing and hears a knock on the door. Its a playmate yay. Dad can my playmate come in he house? Dad looks at ppc then looks at the playmate. Dad either says "sure, but stay where i can see you." Or he slams the door shut and says "Hell no, stranger danger!!! Go to your room while i lock the door." In a nutshell that is what IOSU does.
Well done Fatal

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So who's IOSU? The dad? The room? The door? The nutshell?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Easy: iosu exploit would most likely also be runned from browser.

Or it may end up like the 3DS like menuhax. Exploit boots when the system is turned on. IOSU can pretty much offer everything the 3DS in CFW has, as a regular kernel exploit is pretty much just the 3DS homebrew launcher. You're very limited with it. Like game installing or save editing.

Last edited by SkittleDash,

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Or it may end up like the 3DS like menuhax. Exploit boots when the system is turned on. IOSU can pretty much offer everything the 3DS in CFW has, as a regular kernel exploit is pretty much just the 3DS homebrew launcher. You're very limited with it. Like game installing or save editing.
1. Comparing wiiu espresso access to 3ds userland is incorrect.
2. You get access to any stuff using an entrypoint. If you don't have boot-time entrypoint you can't get access to iosu on boot. Releasing iosu doesn't mean realeasing boot entrypoint.
3. Comparing to menuhax is pointless since it works in userland.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. That's just an example you moron.
2. Actually it does. You should do a bit more research. As soon as a IOSU is released, it's no doubt going to be packed with a starter kit like emuNAND. Plus IOSU is is most likely going to allow unsigned installs, thus allowing to create a custom app to launch emuNAND instead of using the shitty browser.
3. I wasn't comparing, that was merely an example to what the IOSU will provide.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
1. That's just an example you moron.
2. Actually it does. You should do a bit more research. As soon as a IOSU is released, it's no doubt going to be packed with a starter kit like emuNAND. Plus IOSU is is most likely going to allow unsigned installs, thus allowing to create a custom app to launch emuNAND instead of using the shitty browser.
3. I wasn't comparing, that was merely an example to what the IOSU will provide.
1. What is a point in poor example?
2. You have very little understanding of how all of this works. Who will sign your application? Otherwise it wouldn't be able to run before disabling signature checks. Emunand doesn't proof anything. Before menuhax release people had to run exploit from broswer/ds profile to open their emunands.
3. IOSU will provide something that is doable in userland?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol