Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh wow it's kosheh again and he's working on yet ANOTHER translation. lovely
94422098174front.jpg

eh whatever, I don't have as much time as I used to since I now hold a fulltime job (see: Noitora) but I really miss the translation scene and it really wouldn't hurt to try my hand at this stuff again. I need to get fired at work or something, shit

Anyway you guys are probably looking at me wondering why I'm translating this kiddie anime game, and you know what I don't care what you say, here's the story:
yesterday (Halloween) I went to the city with my girlfriend and our first stop was at Videogamesnewyork. Very nice store - if you get the chance, I insist you (and your friends) take a trip there. Real nice. Half the store is like a freaking museum. You wonder how they manage to stockpile all these games.
Anyway, my girlfriend and I are nosing through the DS games, and I recognize most of them, but I see one particularly interesting-looking title. it's got ninjas and everyone's designed like it's a fighter. A pretty good-looking fighter. I asked the store clerks and it turns out it's an adventure game. Disappointed, I keep looking but remember the name of it: Kekkaishi Kukuburou Shuurai. Props to the clerk who helped me out - he had some sort of European accent and looked pretty oldish. I hung out at the store for an hour and talked to one of their new hires for most of the time, my girlfriend absorbing all this stuff and in the end I bought this PS2 -> GCN controller adapter thing. Pretty cool device, but looks fucking enormous. I imagine naruto games will control much nicer.

Anyway I'll be frank, it's the boxart that sold me on this one. I went home, found out the game and went on the internets looking for a uhm, "digital demo" of the game and it's quite an innovative little platformer. Most people will say "urgh, not mario not interested", but this animu geimu is not just any animu geimu. OK, so the premise is you're this boy or girl (icon in top left lets you swap). You don't use the face buttons to do anything but only the D-Pad to control your character. The touchscreen is used to hammerspace transparent cubes. This is how you traverse levels and fight enemies. Honestly I didn't get too far, I just went ahead and beat the first level before turning it off. Not game of 2008, but I like the concept a lot. Feels nicer than any Ninja Council I've played and less stale than Bleach 4th Flame Bringer.

However the game is a little hard to pick up if you can't read Japanese. I can read kana but after a while I got tired of reading dialogue and decided to screw around similar to old-school SNES platformers. That didn't work. So I figured I'd translate some menus and maybe the introductory scene where your okamighosts are floating around and demanding you use buttons to move and do stuff.

so i figured i'd do some translation when i had free time, so tl;dr expect slow progress but no worries, you'll see some in the form of screens.
this is kinda like noitora's bakusou dekotora transation: just one of those games that people overlooked, but needs to garner a little overseas attention. It's pretty neat and based off some anime which is probably about drawing more cubes but w/e

lemme go photoshop some screens or something

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
H3Y 7h3r3, 9Ood LuCK wi7h 73H 7R4n5L47ion. u N33D M3H 7O WrI73 4 73X7 3Di7OR oR 5Om37HIn9 JU57 53nd M3H 4 pm
wink.gif

Translated: "Hey there, good luck with the translation. u need meh to write a text editor or something just send me a pm
wink.gif
" Xd [Off Topic]

Anyways, so this was what you meant by "I'm going to do another translation project that is going to be VERY SLOW"?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
N-TG said:
Good luck with the translation...

Noitora? Did you used an English to 1337 converter
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
... that was pretty funny
Yes, that's me, I'm funny all the time and the cool kids want to hang out with me.

Edit: Holy monkey balls, that was my 3, 500th post. Rum all over.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for the off topic but Noitora you are cool because...

Poor literacy is KEWL!!

Also is that the first game of the series or the second... Because I remember being 2 of those...

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow,yet another translation...well,as always,the translation will be pwnage! GL on the translation! oh,and are you still translating Naruto Shippuden: Dairansen! Kagebunshin Emaki ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone