Keiji Inafune says Mega Man is not in Brawl

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I dont know if this news is significant or not by anyways,

From Bionic Commando Podcast,

"Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call."

Bionic Commando Podcast

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/2...brawl-it-seems/
http://gonintendo.com/?p=32159

QUOTE said:
If you're anything like us, you might be hoping that one of the daily dojo updates will drop the bomb that Mega Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't happening.

Bionic Commando recently interviewed Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, who had this to say regarding Brawl: "Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It's a great series...but, Nintendo hasn't asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I'm still waiting...we have a little bit of time left, it's not coming out for another few months."

Somebody, call the man! But in reality, it seems too late to add the lovable blue robot if they haven't already (the game comes out next month in Japan). Is anybody as bummed as this blogger, or are you glad that Mega Man won't be involved in Brawl?

[Via GoNintendo]

I kinda doubt that they could add an entire character in within a month, so it sounds like Mega Man's not going to make it. That sucks, I was really hoping that he would.
frown.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. This is not news.

2. This has already been posted, about 6 hours ago.

3. This does NOT necessarily de-confirm Megaman, it is likely either a) Nintendo has not decided on its next third-party addition or b) Inafune could have said that just to mislead people like you since Nintendo is trying to keep everything about Brawl under the tightest security. No character is de-confirmed until IT IS DE-CONFIRMED.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still entirely possible that Mega Man could be in brawl. Not sure if anyone remembers, but that Pac Man Vs game was made by Nintendo before ever getting permission from Namco. They showed it to them and then they got an A-OK. So maybe they have Mega Man made and ready on the side, but just haven't asked yet. I mean it's not likely, but because Nintendo has done this in the past it's possible to happen again. Just putting that out there.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't Mega Man just be a lame version of Samus?

That's what I've always thought. Nothing against Megaman as a character, of course. But in Brawl he'd essentially come off as a blue male child version of Samus (focus on jumping, beam blaster-thingy for a hand, etc). Of course I was still hoping he'd be in it, but if it came down to Sonic or Megaman I'd take Sonic purely for the fact that there's no other character quite like him in the Smash Bros series.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't Mega Man just be a lame version of Samus?

That's what I've always thought. Nothing against Megaman as a character, of course. But in Brawl he'd essentially come off as a blue male child version of Samus (focus on jumping, beam blaster-thingy for a hand, etc). Of course I was still hoping he'd be in it, but if it came down to Sonic or Megaman I'd take Sonic purely for the fact that there's no other character quite like him in the Smash Bros series.
Maybe Classic Mega Man would of been like her, but X has a lot more maneuvers that he could use.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
I hate if megaman would be put in, because then they'd make him the 'new' anime half girl/half teenage boy version in. He was so much cooler when he started. Though, I kind of want him to be put in brawl, just because it would make a nice addition, even though i dont like him.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users