~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
king_of_pirates.jpg
king_of_pirates2.jpg
Mega Man co-designer, Keiji Inafune has revealed his latest game in Famitsu. The game is titled King of Pirates and is exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS. Infafune also revealed that the action orientated RPG is set to be a trilogy and will be released next year. Who’s excited?

The game has a pirate theme, but also follows the story of Sangokushi. The cast of characters numbers over 300 and includes such animal types as penguins, cows, monkeys and dragons. The characters appear to be designed in the image of major Sangokushi figures.[/p]

Source.

Looks interesting if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm sold when i heard that this was an RPG.

And I really like the cartoon graphics. They just look different.

EDIT: from INAFUNE? HOLY ****. AWESOME
ohmy.gif

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mehrab2603 said:
I thought that Inafune guy retired, good to see he hasn't.

If memory serves me, he set up an independent game studio after leaving capcom. Would be a stupid move of his to stop being involved in the game world altogether because he has had a hand in one of the greatest franchises.

OT: Is it just me, or does that pinguin look like a piplup xD

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Curiously enough with a bandana rather close to that of Team Aqua, too!

Looks like an interesting game, chances might be that you get to choose your team like in Advance Wars, since everyone is so conveniently colour coded.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mehrab2603 said:
I thought that Inafune guy retired, good to see he hasn't.

He did a collaboration in Hyperspace Neptunia MK-2 this year in the form of an attack in his image, his attack is epic lulz.

Do I want this game well yes I do, I'm not too fond of pirate themed games but it's an RPG and can be really good much better than Destiny Links at least.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Pokemon meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets Sid Meire's Pirates meets Samurai/Dynasty Warriors. Did he think he could get away with the Piplup wearing team Aqua's headband.
wink.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I am slightly disappointed this isn't a Mega Man game. Although this game looks interesting. Maybe it will be showcased at the Jump Festa.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
I am slightly disappointed this isn't a Mega Man game. Although this game looks interesting. Maybe it will be showcased at the Jump Festa.

doubt Inafune will ever gets his hands on the megaman brand again unforunatley, unless capcom outsource his new company to make one

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
It's Pokemon meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets Sid Meire's Pirates meets Samurai/Dynasty Warriors. Did he think he could get away with the Piplup wearing team Aqua's headband.
wink.gif

QUOTE(Windaga @ Oct 5 2011, 09:42 AM) That green snake thing reminds of Snivy, as well. I'd like to see gameplay of this first, but I do like the look of the characters.
These.

The game seems too bright and cheery. It should have dark colors like all the "Hardcore" games have. I'll play it,but I wouldn't be buying it.

/
tpi.gif

This is pretty surprising and it looks good.
happy.gif

Also 3D trailer on the 3DS now!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended