Keiji Inafune (Megaman creator) leaves Capcom

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad news indeed.
As a HUGE fan of Megaman, I sure hope the series doesn't die following his resignation :<

EDIT: Mehh, didn't notice this was posted a while ago haha.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
It is indeed disappointing to hear that Inafune is leaving Capcom, but that doesn't mean future games are not made by Inafune. There's a slight possibility that games can still be designed by him and published by Capcom
biggrin.gif

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SF sucks.
ZX is meh.

Inafune has made great games for almost 30 years. You should be happy he is leaving capcom, he needs a rest. Geez.

And, doesn't mean that just cause he left they aren't going to do any more megaman games.

And Inafune said that, even if he made another X title, it wouldn't be X9. After all, the series were supposed to end at X5, according to Inafune himself. So much true that capcom started X6 development without him.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Legends 3 might get canned

trumpet-205 said:
This is really a sad news.

Besides Legend 3, what else you guys want from Megaman? I personally want a new Megaman ZX title.

I want another Battle Network game.

Not that lame ass 1X3 battle area either that has plagued the Megaman Series known as "Starforce"

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
FUCK

Mega Man is dead now. I wanted more games for the ZX series and one last well made Mega Man Battle Network game. Like some type of collection Battle Network series. What was happening to Sonic the Hedgehog will now happen to Mega Man. A decade of some okay games and a lot of crappy ones.

I apologize for swearing and at the same time this pisses me off. Screw off, Capcom.

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess Capcom's neglect towards Megaman lately was because of Keiji planning his resignation? Looks like Megaman is officially dead unless someone else decides to pick it up. Fans will never forget him, but Capcom may. It's sad being that I'm a fan myself.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
I wanna see more battle network to be honest....Even though I've LIKE megaman before then I didn't start LOVING it until then.....Battle Network will always have a special place in my heart as far as Megaman is concern....about Megaman 7....eh...
Same here...

Maybe he work straight under Nintendo? = Megaman in SSB
tongue.gif

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Is he the Dead Rising producer OR WHAT?
I remember news posted on Facebook that someone from Capcom resigned because he hated his job /offtopic

mellow.gif
I love Megaman on the GBA but never played it on the DS. So nothing much for me changed
smile.gif

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Just recently I watched this:

QUOTE said:
"I personally want to be involved with this game more than any other game."
"...We don't really want to make a game simply for the sake if making a game. We want to make a game for you and in time we'll show you just how we plan to do that."

And I was all "Yaay, I'm happy for you too dude! For us both."

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn. i was hoping maybe a megaman zero game with a story after what happened in zero 4 (GBA) and before ZX (DS) would be made...

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Capcom ruins everything....

Oh sorry, I meant Crapcom.

Inafune is better off establishing his own company. If anything else, being the original creator of Megaman should theoretically give him full rights over the series, as well as complete ownership over Megaman. At least thats how my logic is working tonight.

Besides, isn't he insanely rich?

Either way, I hope these events ruin Crapcom forevermore. They have gone lower than shit.

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! I can't believe it. I should have been expecting this, but I do understand his reasons for leaving, it just sucks that he finally got to make a game that he wanted to do (DASH 3.) I hope he that if he does continues making games that he enjoys it.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. As a big MegaMan fan, I haven't been very happy with some of their newest games. I loved the Battle Network games and the Zero games, but the Starforce and ZX games just didn't do it for me. And of course, the classic games are excellent. I remember playing MegaMan 6 on the NES. Good times. Never had a SNES, so I missed out on the X games until the X Collection for the Gamecube.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Inafune's future projects.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope he continues with the MegaMan series. Other than this, I see no reason to keep him locked away at Capcom.

As long as there are MegaMan games aside from the Battle Network (not MegaMan) and Zero series on Nintendo handhelds, I'll be happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality