The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, currently I have my Wii updated to 3.4U, and have the HBC and Backup Loader installed. However, my family wants to update to 4.0U to get all the extra stuff and some channels. I don't know if turning my Wiiconnect24 on will effect this in any way. Say, if I go to the shop...will it auto update to 4.0U from 3.4U? Or would it be possible to turn it on and say...download the WiiSpeak channel and get online with Animal Crossing while staying in 3.4U?

Or, on the other hand, is it GOOD to update to 4.0U? I mean, the stuff coming out for it currently looks pretty tight, but I don't wanna lose all my HBC stuff, or my Backup capability. I also don't know if this would BRICK the wii or anything, so it has me nervous to even think of updating.

If anyone could help me out on this, it'd be great! Please, pros, cons, or just general capability with 4.0U updates.

Thanks!

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm finding a lot of 3.2U to 4.0U things, and I'm at 3.4U. I don't know if this matters any, but I also found this...

QUOTE said:
IF YOUR A NOOB AT WII HACKING THAN THIS IS THE GUIDE FOR YOU!

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII BY DOING THIS IM NOT RESPONSIBLE!!!!
Because if you brick your wii by doing this its because you problebly did somthing wrong.

Anyways, well we know Nintendo Released the new Update (a.k.a 4.0). it realeased allot of IOS's and HB bloackers including not running the Tiwlight Hack.
But in this Tutorial ill Show you how to Get all the cool Updates and Have the HB Goodies at the same time!

BUT FIRST!! You need:

HomeBrew Channel (DUH!!)

CIOS rev9

IOS60.wad (Google it. Since its an llegal on GBAtemp)

Wad Manager (Normal Version)

Strongly suggest to download Preloader Just incase of a brick

When you get all of those files Your ready to go! so lets get started! =D

STEP 1:
Drag the Wad manager app and put it into the "apps" folder and make a folder on the root of the SD card called "wad". Get the CIOS rev7 (or higher) folder and put it in the "apps" folder. Then grab the "IOS60.wad" and drag it into the "wad" folder on your SD card. than pop The SD Card back into your wii.

STEP 2:
Start up your wii and go to The HomeBrew Channel and run Wad Manager (NORMAL VERSION), then you will see "IOS60.wad". install it by pressing + on the Wiimote. Than when your wii restarts, start up the Homebrew channel again and the load up "cIOS_rev7" (but if you have a higher version that works too). Than select "Internet Installation" and when it finnishes installing your wii restarts and the we go on to the next step.

Step 3:
Go Update your wii through Nintendo. then in the meantime grab a snack and let it update, when it finishes updating you will have wii 4.0.

CONGRATS!!!
You finnished the tutorial!

if there's any problems please reply.

EDIT: aw crap, can a mod change the treads name to "[TUTORIAL] How to Update to 4.0 without any HomeBrew getting Dissabled"?

Would this be a correct way to update then?

I just don't wanna lose compatibility or brick my wii.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So...anyone know if that'll work for 3.4U to 4.0U? Also, should I grab the CUSTOM or just normal cIOS60? I've been noticing those two around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...