Keep Virgin from destroying the internet.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Chotaz, May 7, 2008.

May 7, 2008
  1. Chotaz
    OP

Member Chotaz I'm back! :D

Portugal

http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/

If Virgin's plan makes it through, it'll be the end of the Internet seriously.
    Please instead of jerkin off, take 10 minutes of your life watching the vind, this is fucking serious.
    Share the word as much as you can, we can't let this go on.

2. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Holy shit man. This is deep.

3. SchuchWun

Member SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Net Neutrality is great I just wish the chick was talking more cause she be hot.

4. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    This was posted in the testing area a while back but the main topic was about her offering sex to virgins who protested Virgin. I can't find it though... I've looked up to page 5 and it's not there, someone else go!

5. Endogene

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
  6. Chotaz
    OP

Portugal
    She's not offering sex lol, if you actually send the e-mail through the site, it will send a sensibilization e-mail and let the person know about this issue. [​IMG]

7. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Actually, she is: http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org/main2.php

8. Chotaz
    OP

Portugal
    I sent myself an e-mail and it was a message sensibilizing to that issues, in that case, I'm removing the correspondant link [​IMG]

9. FrEEz902

Member FrEEz902 GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    What the hell???? i'm confused :S. Virgin is an ISP? And they're limiting acess to sites which don't pay them?

10. Chotaz
    OP

Portugal
    Exactly [​IMG]
    ISPs have been wanting to do this for years, but didn't do it, fearing customers reports, Virgin doing it is just the trigger that many ISPS will corresponde to. [​IMG]

11. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

# condom must be used, except if the applicant prefers to release his semen upon Tania's body without any oral or vaginal contact
    # Anal sex is negotiable, although Tania will cease the performance immediately if any form of 'surprise buttsex' occurs
    # applicant agrees that in the event of the applicant infringing upon Terms of Service during the process of the act, Tania is not responsible for any genital injury that the applicant may suffer
    # Tania may deny service for hygiene reasons

I read this before, quite a lot of people are taking it really seriously.

12. FrEEz902

Egypt
    I see o.O I live in egypt lol, everything is so screwed up here i doubt ths would happen [​IMG]

13. FrEEz902

Egypt
    rofl xD SUPRISE BUTTSECKS FTW!

Seriously she's offering sex for the internet? Why doesn't she just pay to do it? I bet lots of non-virgins will go and prolly rape her [​IMG]
    Dumb b***

Edit: this will come on the news in a week i bet

14. Chotaz
    OP

Portugal
    People please take this thread seriously, some of you may not be really aware of what this can do to the Internet, and I've already asked a mod to moderate the threads talking about what the girl is offering, I kinda think that is really stupid, but in the first time I sent the e-mail, I got a sensibilization message to the real problem.

In summary, please take this thread more seriously and stick to discuss the real problem here.

15. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Keep the thread serious folks, regardless of the legitimacy of her claim, the issue is still very real.

16. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Damnit I hate this. Ever since NTL told everyone to switch to Virgin Media because they were going bankrupt, it's only been bad news. Most of last week I couldn't actually load Youtube vids and sites were soooooooo slow because of Virgin. I tested the speed and it said I was Dialup (56k) speed. Absolutely ridiculous. And now this...

Thing is, my Dad isn't gonna get off his arse and change ISPs just after we already changed, so I dunno what to do. Stupid Virgin. Never use it, it's absolutely awful!

They're taking it a little out of perspective by saying they've killed our right of freedom, but I agree this is serious if they're gonna start limiting certain sites.

17. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    I already like told everyone i know on aim, and they (i hope) will tell other ppl.
    god damn, this is gay.

18. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    lol i just left virgin broadband last week after a year of shitty slow speeds & crappy newsgroup access

19. Scoobos

Newcomer Scoobos Advanced Member

I hate to say this folks, but this HAS been going on for years and still is.

You could even take it a step further, in that mainstream censorship and monitoring is going on in the background, with BT recently caught in spying on its customers.

AOL has forever done this, albeight through businesses paying them to be AOL accredited to allow sites to load quickly in their crappy browser.. AOL did think it would have the world at one point so this is quite dangerous.

What Virgin are saying, and these people are getting alarmist for is that they will connect their BUSINESS USERS hosting services directly into the VIRGIN backbone , therefore making the sites almost instant for virgin users (on the internal fibre network)

Hmm Its hard to write this without being a bit confusing, what I mean is the internet looks like this to virgin customers:

INTERNET
    |
    |
    VIRGIN PERIMETER NETWORK
    |
    |
    WEB CACHE
    |
    |
    YOUR MODEM.

so when you request a site, if its in Web Cache you get it super fast, if its your side of the virgin perimeter network then you get it really fast as no request is leaving your local network to the internet - (this is why newsservers are so fast, as they are within the Virgin network).

At the moment if I want to host a site with virgin, then virgin will get a RIPE registered external IP address and advertise it on the web. All customers no matter where they are go out through their respective perimeter networks and request it via the web.

What Virgin are proposing (and forgive me, I agree) , is that their customers should get 2 advertised addresses, 1 RIPE one and 1 pseudo address which resolves to an INTERNAL virgin IP range. Therefore, if you want a site hosted by virgin, you wont have to go out to the web to get it. This actually preserves valuable internet bandwith and keeps it all inside.

Neutrality my arse.. you can still view whatever sites you want - the site thats not virgin run will open in the USUAL AMOUNT OF TIME FOR AN EXTERNAL WEBSITE, its just that virgin ones will open FASTER because they are not routing you out to the web and back in again.

I'd also add that its very unlikely this will have a big takeup, unfortunately, as I can't see many established sites such as the BBC switch from in house hosting to an external company, nor any banks for that matter, or most major businesses.

Scaremongering at its very best.

20. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Net Neutrality is a serious matter.

But dang, does that girl honestly plan to fuck any virgin that signs on to the cause [​IMG]

Ask yourself, would you want even your condom wrapped tool anywhere near some activist sluts over visit hole?

So what she's doing virgins. It's the fact she'll clearly spread em for any bloody stranger on the planet. And while you can generally tell when a gal is a virgin, there's no real proof a guy hasn't had the pleasure.

I also think those blokes could stand to get someone that's actually articulate in their video.

They sounded like annoyed inarticulate geeks in a snit over the matter.