Suggestion Keep alerts unread until selected

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you have a lot of alerts, it can be difficult to keep track of which ones you have looked at because as soon as you click on the bell icon all of the alerts go to the "read" state. It is therefore no longer possible to see which alerts are still new. I think it would be better if clicking on the bell to open the list of alerts did not mark them as read, and they only went to the read state once you have clicked on each alert.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I do agree with this, here's a few things you could look at:

there is a dedicated alerts page. click "Show All..." in the alerts drop down, click "Alerts" in the username drop down, or click the bell again. https://gbatemp.net/account/alerts

alerts that you've only recently seen have a little star next to them. it doesn't go away immediately.

finally you can open all of them in tabs if you like, then go through them and close when done. this is what I do sometimes.

Reactions: zoogie and VinsCool

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@ihaveamac
Thanks, I didn't notice that. However, I've just tried it and have fund that the star stays there even if I've checked the alert :unsure:

@VinsCool
Yeah I've done that already. It would still be easier to manage the alerts if they didn't automatically mark themselves as read when you open the alerts popup.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'd also like to see if dismissing or checking notifications via tapatalk could also mark them as read on here so once I read them on my phone I don't have to mark them all as read again when I use a browser next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots