Kat Timpf attacked with water

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The American TV personality/politician Kat Timpf of FOX News was recently thrown water at. You know, you'll say "Glad it's just water" and you would be right, I'm glad it was just that and nothing more.

[​IMG]

lcie nimbus likes this.

2. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Attacked? bit melodramatic no? Not quite sure why this is newsworthy other than for local news.

TotalInsanity4 and Tomato Hentai like this.
  3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It was *only* water this time but it could have been an acid attack. Do you not get how horrible this could've been? The attacker needs to be prosecuted.

Stephano and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  4. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    That's exactly the kind of fearmongering bullshit fox and a lot of other media peddles in. "What ifs" belong to fantasy novels. Not news. And yes the guy should get arrested and prosecuted. But this is being blown out of proportion quite a bit. Sounds to me it's more making a statement (in a poorly chosen manner) than an attack.

5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Acid attacks have become very common in UK and it's only a matter of time before they hit US too.

Stephano and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  6. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    That has absolutely no relevance to this in any way whatsoever.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    I get attacked by water every time it rains, it really is a problem

Zhongtiao1, TerryG, bowser and 6 others like this.
  8. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It has absolutely all the relevance. Ways to attack a person get spread from country to country.

Rain? You're making light of the attack.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  9. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    I don't know about her but i personally would have laughed my ass off and tried to get the other person wet but I also don't take myself too seriously, which is the opposite of tv personalities.

10. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Someone getting doused with water has no relevance to acid attacks. A stick isn't a gun, a lunchbox isn't a bomb. Jax was making fun of your statement of "It could've been acid". It rains water. But maybe tomorrow it'll rain acid. Could happen right?

11. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    What happened: "A man springs with water a Reporter because of political views".

The media: "Acid attacks are coming to the US!"

As much as you, I think the guy should be arrested. But, come on, it's more us giving bad people ideas than they thinking on them by themselves.

Quantumcat, N1N, lonewolf08 and 2 others like this.
  12. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Wow oh fucking boy.

Water.

TotalInsanity4 and Jax like this.
  13. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I've gotten knives pushed on me throat but you don't see that in the media.
    Lots of others have had a gun pushed against their backs/heads, but you don't see that in the media!

PokeAcer and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  14. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I agree with you here. Acid attacks are in my opinion are one of the worst type of assault related attacks that you could do to someone in this current day and age. I view throwing acid at someone as being worse than being shot since well bullet wounds can easily heal over time but that acid literally melts your face away and your scarred for life with no hope for recovery.(at least no recovery to what you originally looked like). Acid attackers should be hunted down since it is just cowardice plain and simple

15. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It's a form of liquid so it could have very well been. Water and rain are completely different.

This time it was water, next time they may use something else.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  16. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I fail to give a fuck for some reason.
    Perhaps I think it is nothing relevant, perhaps I just don't give a fuck because it happens an ocean away.
    You know, an ocean away people die "microwaved" by drug lords, or get shot daily by their crazy democratically elected dictator... And that is not just water yet I also fail to give a fuck, perhaps I am broken?
    I don't know, I really fail to be moved, not for real reason, not by melodrama either.

What really bothers/moves me lately is the constant water attacks the sky is giving this sad city, non-stop raining for two days, I miss the sun.

I mean, people are acting somewhat crazy in America, true, but yet there are things that affect me more localy and effectively, like the bad weather.

TotalInsanity4 and DinohScene like this.
  17. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.3-1-zen
    Just because the clear liquid was water in this instance doesn't mean that the clear liquid couldn't be something much more insidious in the next instance...

18. dimmidice

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    You do realize that there's quite a few differences between water and acid right? Like for starters you can't just carry acid in any old bottle. And also you know you can get water in virtually every building on the planet without any security measures. I mean not to break your alt right insane rambling here. But frankly, you're full of shit.

19. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Precisely. Acid survivors will be marked for the rest of their lives and there's no way back from that, it's true that you can try to remake your face with plastic surgeries but it's never the same.

Take a look at Katie Piper:

Before and After

[​IMG]

In 2017

[​IMG]

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Attackers in UK carry acid around.

CuriousTommy and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  20. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

Yeah it is some sickening stuff that is for sure. You seen this news yet "http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40720437" (Not confirmed yet but still shocking) It seems to be happening around London at the moment but like every other crime. It most definitely will begin to spread.

Edit: can i just say that after watching a Vice documentary on this it seems like these cowards will most likely aim these attacks at women more than men why? well here is why: https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/acid-attacks/5947ba6bbab31c8b193eb5dd

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Jul 26, 2017