Kancolle Kai English Translation Project

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JeyEmill, Oct 17, 2016.

1. JeyEmill
    OP

JeyEmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Kancolle Kai

Hello Everyone and Welcome to the Kancolle Kai English Translation Thread.
    As you can see from the title, we are currently working on the English Translation of the game Kancolle Kai for the PS Vita. We have been working on this project for a couple months now but its only recently that we managed to find a way to install the patch without releasing a Pre-Patched version. We are making this second thread so that everyone can stay up to date with the project.

While we are not yet finished with the translation, we have been working on partial patches (more specifically, Alpha versions 0.1 and 0.2 of the partial translations) which can be downloaded and installed using Henkaku. Those releases will not be included in this thread however considering they involve piracy. Releases posted on this thread will not involve piracy so if you're looking for the actuall game, then you will need to look somewhere else.

The project is still a WIP but we will keep this thread updated constantly with the latest releases, updates, translations, fixes, announcements and more.

Important: We are having some difficulties in translating some of the text in the game that cant be accessed or changed easily. More specifically, its embedded into the code of the game (Might not be the correct term) and we are having a bit of trouble translating them without breaking the game. For now we are going to have to stop translating (After the 0.3 release) until we figure how to make this work. We would greatly appreciate it if anyone who has an idea on how to solve this issue contact us on our Discord Server and see if we can aim for a complete translation of the game. So until then, we are gonna have to halt the project's progression. This doesn't mean that we are going to be dead though, we will still make small hotfixes if necessary for bugs that are found in the translation.

Now onto a separate matter, some people have been having some difficulties in completing the quests because of the inconsistency of the quest's translation (Now fixed in the 0.3 release), So we decided to include a simple area guide of the Kancolle Kai map, just to make everyone's lives a bit easier if you get lost at sea.
    Note: The game starts at Naval District Sea [V1].
    Kancolle Kai Area Guide

Screenshots/Updates
    Update 10/01/2016
    Update 10/19/2016
    Update 10/27/2016
    Update 12/4/2016
    Update 12/5/2016
    Update 12/16/2016
    Releases/Downloads:
    Patch 0.2.6
    Patch 0.3
    Patch 0.4

How To Patch The Game:
    Requirements
    Tutorial

Admirals Working On This Project:
    Isaint - Responsible for starting the project and working on the script.
    JeyEmill - Main UI, Image editing, Script editing, and Patch building.
    AzureGG - Bug testing and translations.
    Red - Created the first patcher.
    lyzzz - Programming and translations.
    antonizoon - Translations and organization.
    emilia - Translations and UI editing.
    FuryTomic - Translations and mechanics of the game.
    vcharng - Translations and localization.
    schrodinger's cat - Translations and proofreading.
    176832 - Translations and Image editing.
    Pantsu - Translations.
    Alice - Translations.
    ReY - Image editing.
    And special thanks to everyone in our Discord Server who helped us with feedback and bug reports of our releases.

If you have any questions, want to contribute to the project, or just want to talk about anything Kancolle Kai, join us in our Discord Server here: http://discord.me/kancollekai

Last edited by JeyEmill, Jun 3, 2017
  2. RinkawaErion

RinkawaErion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2012
    If you guys can make it work on a physical copy of the game, that'd be awesome. XD

3. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
  4. Madobe Ai

Madobe Ai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Moe
    Is anyone else having any issues saving?

5. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    You'll probably want to specify what issues you have as there is/was a save bug that happens while using henkaku where the microSD card won't be able to save if you play for too long or put your game in sleep mode for too long.

6. JohnHunk
    This message by JohnHunk has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 26, 2016, Reason: Don't link to piracy.
    Nov 26, 2016
  7. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    Uh don't link to piracy sites.

8. Nightwinter

Nightwinter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Oh god... Long live the game translators <3 thanks guys, you rock <3

9. azurekaito15

azurekaito15 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Malaysia
    yay thanks jey
    PS. how about the recruiting?

Last edited by azurekaito15, Dec 16, 2016
  10. JeyEmill
    OP

JeyEmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    Added it just now

11. azurekaito15

azurekaito15 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Malaysia
  12. VertDeLion

VertDeLion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Canada
    Hello, I feel like I'm super late for this, but I just got Kantai Kai and just found this thread. I'm running 3.63. Is there any way a patch for this version could be coming out, or if not, is there any way I could support such a project?

13. azurekaito15

azurekaito15 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Malaysia
    welcome to the club :)
    sadly the patch cannot run for 3.63 and i don't know if it will happen in the future.
    if you want to support the project either help us with the code of the game or tell people that we need help.

WE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR HELP/KNOWLEDGE FOR THE GAME CODE (Might not be the correct term)

14. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Nice thing!

15. carb0n0x

carb0n0x Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    The game plays fine in jap but when i install the patch it gives me the "c1-2738-0 game is corrupted" error. What version should i get to install the patch over?

16. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    just curious what are these text in the game that cant be accessed or changed easily? any screen shots in-game and what will happen if they are changed?

17. InuGami

InuGami Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2017
    Indonesia
    can someone re uploaded link for hotfix 1 dan 2 for patch 0.3?
    Thanks