KaKaRoTo’s Jailbreak Exploit Works on PS3 Firmware 4.00

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up; remember that 3.73 jailbreak being developed by KaKaRoTo? Well, forget about it. There’s a 4.00 Jailbreak and once again, it comes from KaKaRoTo. The saiyan tested what I had assumed since the announcement of the official 4.00 update – It was that fact that unlike traditional firmwares, no improvements for security were outlined.

I guess if there was any time for Sony to release an update it would have been after 3.73, but I guess that shipped has sailed.
For more information, follow @KaKaRoToKs or myself on Twitter.
We’ll keep you posted!

http://www.1337mods.com/sony/kakarotos-jailbreak-exploit-works-on-ps3-firmware-4-00/

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I bought my PS3 it was on firmware 3.41(I think) I should have hacked it. I chose not too and updated so I can still have online. Guess what throughout my 4 months of owning a PS3 I have never played a game online.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they already showed they will ban you from online for using hacks so im not too sure about hacking it again

Powerslave89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so you ALL know, this JB WILL NOT LET YOU RUN BACK-UP(and apps like MultiMan)

but
this WILL let you run HOMEBREW, like, Showtime

All I need lol. I updated from 3.55 to play some of the latest games I brought but I miss Showtime. Cinavia suck and the bypass methods are weak!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this jailbreak is worthless to most users. I mean to say that most people have homebrew on so many other consoles and handhelds. Kakaroto has a real bad attitude towards America too. I've read his tweets and just from that alone I won't download his work. I hope by posting this message, someone might take the time to read his tweets and see if they want to download the work of someone like that. Here's to hoping the whole world isn't filled with idiots.....

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this jailbreak is worthless to most users. I mean to say that most people have homebrew on so many other consoles and handhelds. Kakaroto has a real bad attitude towards America too. I've read his tweets and just from that alone I won't download his work. I hope by posting this message, someone might take the time to read his tweets and see if they want to download the work of someone like that. Here's to hoping the whole world isn't filled with idiots.....

If you don't mind, could you give a run down version, because right now i'm just looking for a reason to buy TB

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
im on fw 3.73 now so would there be any chance that a other person wil try it with the hack of kakaroto ? is there any chance for multiman ? or something like that ? even if its for homebrew, its possible to go further with the jailbreak right ? ( like playing via multiman. )

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Profti>Other peoples thought about someone else

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to anyone who thinks its useless, you are wrong. running homebrew is not useless. from there someone will be able to continue work and eventually it will be cracked wide open like 3.55. sony will cause another hissy fit and sue everyone / violate the american constitution / release a stronger firmware update.

this is all pending its real. i believe in him, but there is just so much fake stuff out there.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its useless just as someone else said. If the firmware is going to be limited as to what you can or can not do, he might as well work for sony since they are doing the same thing. If you are a real hacker, you don't semi-hack something, you hack the shit out of it, just be smart about it. Somebody will manipulate the firmware to its fullest extent and capabilities with or with his firmware, trust me I know these things. Of course assholes like him and geohot etc.... keep getting locked up because they all want to facebook/twitter shit. Well keep your mouth shut and sony won't come looking for because they want know who the fuck you are.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol PS3 online.
What a waste of time.

The only reason it sucks to have a hacked PS3 (right now) is I have 2 legit PS3 games I can't play because I need Firmware 3.60. Once this is out, happy fun time again.
If I wanted to play a console online, i'd play my 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple