Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Harun85, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008
  1. Harun85
    OP

Newcomer Harun85 Member

United States
    I would like to start a group for translating "Stock Trading Trainer Kabutore" into English. I would like to offer myself as a translator.

Used a program to unpack, and I believe I've found the scripts.
    However, I'm looking for a programmer to handle the technical non-translation end, so we can get a nice script to work with.

[​IMG]
    Game name
    Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (Stock Trading Trainer 'Kabutore')

Official Website

Release date
    December 14th, 2006

Game info
    -Title: Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (Stock Trading Trainer 'Kabutore')
    -Genre: Simulation
    -Description (My translation from part of the review):
    ===
    There are bound to be individuals who want to learn about the Stock Market. Just look at (Japan's) markets over the years, as they seem to be slowly rising. It is true, that stocks seem to be daunting. Since the burst of the (Japanese) Bubble economy, stocks haven't been doing too well, save the last two or three years. The Nikkei has finally risen to over 17,000, and the other markets are following suit.

If you would have bought shares in the Nikkei in April of 2003, when the stock was at its lowest at 7607.88 yen, you would have DOUBLED your investment.

As you can see from magazines such as the "Kabushiki Shinbun" and "Money Japan", stock magazines are quite popular. There are many people who would say, "I know nothing about stocks!", but gaming is even in the Markets.

Many well known game companies such as KOEI, Capcom, and €Tecmo are traded. And we can't forget about Nintendo. With the huge success of the NDS and WII, their stocks have DOUBLED in a year's time. Square Enix's stock also jumped after announcing plans for Dragon Quest IX on the NDS.

After someone hears these stories, don't you think they will start to get interested in the Markets? But what if they don't know where to start? Enter "Stock Trading Trainer, Kabutore"!
    The publicly traded company MONEX has cooperated in development of the game, with FIVE YEARS of real stock data and earnings reports from the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the 'MOTHERS' group have been provided, to make the experience as realistic as possible.
    Seasoned Stock veterans can pick this title up and have a blast, and the beginning investor is shown the ropes quickly.

With the boom in Internet Trading, the floor is now open to the new investor, without the worry of learning dictionaries worth of technical terms and transaction rules.
    ===

Trailer:
    Review: http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/...11/news057.html

Why I would like to translate this game:
    -This game would be a great way for folks to get interested in the markets, and practice trading and concepts.

2. kryss

Member kryss GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    If I may suggest, it might be an idea to help on other projects first, then try and convince the hackers working on it to help you extract the text properly.

3. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I can help, if you don't mind waiting 2 months, you can help with the translation of the YS project if you want.

4. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    i've looked into the rom, and I found many graphics in d_cevent.bin
    I'll tell you more if I find more text

more graphics in d_sys.bin
    and d_vanime.bin

No text found. probably compressed.

5. Harun85
    OP

Newcomer Harun85 Member

United States
    Thanks much,

I'll check out the YS project to see if I can help out.

6. kryss

Member kryss GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    See?
    We're all happier when we work together.