Hacking K3DS question anybody own one?

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Prior to my other thread I'm now stuck between the sky3ds and the K3DS. The K3DS has a lot more features and seems to easily be the better card however it gets really confusing about the 10 games limit part. They say on website they now no longer have limit but didn't say they released a new card so did they patch it or release a new card as no website seems to be selling a blue button K3DS unlike a Sky3ds. If I cannot get a K3DS which has the 10 games limit broken for sure I will just go ahead and get the sky3ds as the cart i wanted the gateway is incompatible with the 2ds :(.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
What features? It sounds like a clone of an old Sky3DS. you want to get a new Sky3DS or a gateway, everything else currently available is an inferior card.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I think they mean King3ds which is just a sky clone.They list these features on the website (direct copy/paste, spelling/grammar and all)

– Newest V9.4.0-x Supports
– No game limit
– All in one card
– All 3Ds firmware supports
– All New 3DS, 3DS XL/LL, 2DS consoles supports
– All 3DS roms supports
– Press Button to change games
– eShop and online game supports
– Multi-roms supports
– Max supports 128GB microSDHC/TF card
– Region locking

Personally I'd prefer one that bypasses region locking ;P jokes aside neither the sky or king will allow region bypass (regionthree will work on a non-new model to allow it in conjunction with the cart howeveR)

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
gateway is incompatible with the 2ds :(.
Gateway works with 2DS, but only if your console is on 9.2 or lower.

But to answer your question, get the Sky3DS. K3DS and all others advertising the same features are clones, which are likely made with cheaper parts and the support will always be worse.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually it's another clone, they don't "produce" any card but re-brand a sky3DS and a cheap DS card only with a "QQ" sticker.

I am aware, but what i meant was that i do not see any indication of them having released a card with the game limit (equivalent to the first sky card)
There's also R5, which is also a garbage rebrand but they only have a version with the game limit from what i see.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware, but what i meant was that i do not see any indication of them having released a card with the game limit (equivalent to the first sky card)
There's also R5, which is also a garbage rebrand but they only have a version with the game limit from what i see.

They all have game limits, every one of them. They're just repackaged sky3DS carts, and all of those have a 31 hard game limit (not in software, but on hardware).

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway works with 2DS, but only if your console is on 9.2 or lower.

But to answer your question, get the Sky3DS. K3DS and all others advertising the same features are clones, which are likely made with cheaper parts and the support will always be worse.

If you do a quick search around Gateway has serious issues with 2DS right now from it not reading memory card to games constantly crashing.I will stick to the main cards though if they are inferior like you say. Would have preferred a dual card for my system to save on space and make it easier to use but this will have to do for now.

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
If you do a quick search around Gateway has serious issues with 2DS right now from it not reading memory card to games constantly crashing.I will stick to the main cards though if they are inferior like you say. Would have preferred a dual card for my system to save on space and make it easier to use but this will have to do for now.

I have a crystal blue 2DS and I have no issues at all. I think I heard from other users that for some reason (no one knows why), the crystal blue 2DS works perfect but other types of 2DS seem to have the issues you are talking about.
In fact, I specifically bought a crystal blue 2DS because so many people said it worked on maxconsole for them.

I have tested about 20 3ds files and 3 cia and every game works as it should. No issues reading the SD card either. My sister played some games on it too and she didn't report any issues. We have played most of the games for over 5 hours each and no issues. Sandisk 32gb microsd in the Gateway and Amazon 8gb sd in the 2DS.

vhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a crystal blue 2DS and I have no issues at all. I think I heard from other users that for some reason (no one knows why), the crystal blue 2DS works perfect but other types of 2DS seem to have the issues you are talking about.
In fact, I specifically bought a crystal blue 2DS because so many people said it worked on maxconsole for them.

I have tested about 20 3ds files and 3 cia and every game works as it should. No issues reading the SD card either. My sister played some games on it too and she didn't report any issues. We have played most of the games for over 5 hours each and no issues. Sandisk 32gb microsd in the Gateway and Amazon 8gb sd in the 2DS.
I may chance a gateway then and no doubt the issue will probably get patched in the future I could always convert to cia until then. a bit of an annoyance but better than nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1