OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm looking for a device to play Pokemon Red, Emerald, TCG and Megaman Battle Network. Either the GCW Zero or Revo K101.

Should I spend $70 for the Revo or double for the Zero?

the zero is a dingux enabled system. it does A LOT MORE than the revo can ever do (radio, movies, music, pc ports/engines, console emulation, handheld emulation, etc). the gba emu for the zero is pretty good, it feels much more optimized than the psp equivalent. with that said, the revo is running a system-on-a-chip, so you are getting a hardware (not emulation) solution.

i've reviewed both systems, if you have not already, give them a read.

-another world

Antiheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How well exactly is the GBC Rom support?

I have a GBA SP and a EZ Flash IV but there is no way to play Pokemon GB/C Roms properly because the GBC emulator won't save on Pokemon games. I have a DS with a R4i Gold but if the Revo K101 would have a proper GBC Pokemon support additionally to the RTC for the GBA Pokemon games I would consider buying one.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are trying to play gbx roms via emulation on a gba/ds then you are using the same emulator packed in with the revo. while the revo seems to merge goomba color and goomba platted together, the compatibility does not appear to have been changed. if you are that obsessed try original hardware and actual carts.

-another world

Antiheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your answer

I don't see why wanting to save is obsessive ;)

Since , the GB cardridges stick out because there so big, the portability is restricted if I would use them, Additionally I fear that I would have to change the battery because the cardridges of 1st generation Pokemon games are pretty old by now and I don't want to buy the special screwdriver just for one game.

Lastly besides the GBA SP and the NDSLite (and a PSP) I own a Gametab One. Therefore I would have other options to play Pokemon but for playing on the go, none of devices is really small enough for me (only the GBA SP, but the EZ Flash does not save), therefore if saving on the Revo does not work either I will consider buying a other device like a dingoo or a CGW Zero.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Antiheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Na I would ise it for other things too, since I have no device in this size.

Thank you for your tipp I will consider buying a cardridge version and playing it on the SP.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh* I came extremely close to buying this and didn't. I heard about units dying for apparently no reason at all and the developers pretty much ignoring the complaints. I'm marking this thing as a device you should not risk buying.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh* I came extremely close to buying this and didn't. I heard about units dying for apparently no reason at all and the developers pretty much ignoring the complaints. I'm marking this thing as a device you should not risk buying.

are you talking about the Revo K101? No, we are always hearing your voice. For Revo K101, we will start our next production after we run out this batch- less than 5 units left now.

Omnio

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone! I just got my Revo K101 and I have a rather huge problem with it. The emulated roms (GB, GBC, NES and so on) works relatively fine but as soon as I try to boot up a GBA game it looks like this 99% of the time and the K101 freezes.

35c4nsg.jpg

35c4nsg.jpg
[/IMG]

Even the roms that were tested OK in the review does this and it's getting rather frustrating. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this, thanks!

wiggatron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rosecoloredgaming.com
XP
Country
United States
Are these still available anywhere? I tried to send a wholesale inquiry, but the email bounced back and they aren't in their store :/ I thought it might be cool to mod some of these up and sell em, but it looks like they are no more?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look on the web store, you will see they only take wholesell orders now. And if you do try and place an order they will take your money but won't send you out an unit. This just happened to a buddy of money. He's getting the run around trying to get a refund. These guys are scum.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Are these still available anywhere? I tried to send a wholesale inquiry, but the email bounced back and they aren't in their store :/ I thought it might be cool to mod some of these up and sell em, but it looks like they are no more?

These units use the same screen were after and they appear to have sold out hence the email bounce back.

wiggatron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rosecoloredgaming.com
XP
Country
United States
If you look on the web store, you will see they only take wholesell orders now. And if you do try and place an order they will take your money but won't send you out an unit. This just happened to a buddy of money. He's getting the run around trying to get a refund. These guys are scum.

Yes, I know.

These units use the same screen were after and they appear to have sold out hence the email bounce back.

Ah, did not know this.

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone! I just got my Revo K101 and I have a rather huge problem with it. The emulated roms (GB, GBC, NES and so on) works relatively fine but as soon as I try to boot up a GBA game it looks like this 99% of the time and the K101 freezes.

35c4nsg.jpg
[/IMG]

Even the roms that were tested OK in the review does this and it's getting rather frustrating. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this, thanks!

I am having this exact problem with Yggdra Union, both US and EU roms, tried to download them from different places, same problem, the US version worked once and then it kept doing that thing, the device was actually having complete freezes on boot-up before but I formatted the SD card and that issue was solved, still this seems rather suspicious.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this exact problem with Yggdra Union, both US and EU roms, tried to download them from different places, same problem, the US version worked once and then it kept doing that thing, the device was actually having complete freezes on boot-up before but I formatted the SD card and that issue was solved, still this seems rather suspicious.

Don't bother looking for official support. maxzhou88 revealed on the China forums these are designed to break in one way or another for those outside of China, FYI, he's using an inferior build-q screen for non-china residents.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother looking for official support. maxzhou88 revealed on the China forums these are designed to break in one way or another for those outside of China, FYI, he's using an inferior build-q screen for non-china residents.

That's pretty low. The K101 does what it does great. What kind of need is there for intentionally breaking the system?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

would you be so kind as to post a source for this information.

thank you,
-another world

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble finding the exact post. http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=maxzhou88&ie=utf-8

I know it's somewhere in the comments of either the k2 project or the k1o1 plus.

A friend of mine pointed out, that I could of been misread someone else's comments as his because words get moved around with direct translation software. If that's the case I apologize to Maxzhou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.