JXD s7800d is a good value emulator handheld of today?

idexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gbatemp,

I've been searching for JXD s7800b's.
I've been watching a few hours of video reviews about it.
I've seen a few comparison videos too(with Nvidia shied portable etc...)

Nvidia shield portable seems more stable, durable and powerful but the s7800d is more useful, playable and it has HDMI port(which I'd like to have in the first place)

There are some people who says their JXD's do not work right out of box or broken after a month. So there are stability and quality issues(as you would expect from cheap chinese products)

I wanted to buy a cool handheld emulator with HDMI out but now I can't decide. I dunno where to throw my money anymore.

Wat do?

are there any other handhelds coming to the market in 2015?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shield has more power, a HDMI mini to HDMI, and better build quality due to the maker.

The jxd is slightly cheaper and more portable.

Psp is decent with cfw and can be bought for cheap

Anyother handheld console like the awful as heck Pandora or the gcw (which is decent) is overpriced for the specs

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shield has more power, a HDMI mini to HDMI, and better build quality due to the maker.

Anyother handheld console like the awful as heck Pandora or the gcw (which is decent) is overpriced for the specs

I have a Nexus 7 2012 gen, doesn't have HDMI out, but has a Tegra 3 chip and Bluetooth support, so Wii remotes will sync to it, as will PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers (well, via the OTG input anyways). Only downside is you have to root it and install Android 4.1.2 on the Nexus 7 (dual boot that and 4.4.4) as 4.2 and above breaks Wii remote support for some reason. Runs emulators very well, way better than the GCW or Pandora could ever run. The Shield is also quite the best and the JXD is hit and miss, they no longer offer customer support for that model.

Nexus has 2 GB RAM, quad core CPU, Tegra 3, 32 GB internal storage, it's a beast of a machine for the price.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nexus 7 2012 gen, doesn't have HDMI out, but has a Tegra 3 chip and Bluetooth support, so Wii remotes will sync to it, as will PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers (well, via the OTG input anyways). Only downside is you have to root it and install Android 4.1.2 on the Nexus 7 (dual boot that and 4.4.4) as 4.2 and above breaks Wii remote support for some reason. Runs emulators very well, way better than the GCW or Pandora could ever run. The Shield is also quite the best and the JXD is hit and miss, they no longer offer customer support for that model.
Yeah nexus 7 is great for a tablet but if we include tablets then there is a lot more. Best gaming tablet under 200 would be a tegra note 7 or Nexus 7 2013 as either of those two would excel at gaming but tn7 is slightly better due to micro SD slot and HDMI out

Reactions: Cortador

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ditched my JXD S7100b for a Tegra Note. The only down side is the JXD's have built-in controls and w/ the Note I need to carry a Bluetooth controller or use on screen controls. Everything else the JXD's offer (HDMI, mSD, etc) is built in to the Note and it's a far superior device, IMO.

Yeah nexus 7 is great for a tablet but if we include tablets then there is a lot more. Best gaming tablet under 200 would be a tegra note 7 or Nexus 7 2013 as either of those two would excel at gaming but tn7 is slightly better due to micro SD slot and HDMI out

A Tegra Note also has a Tegra 4, instead of the Tegra 3 that's in the 2013 Nexus. ;-)

Reactions: RevPokemon

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ditched my JXD S7100b for a Tegra Note. The only down side is the JXD's have built-in controls and w/ the Note I need to carry a Bluetooth controller or use on screen controls. Everything else the JXD's offer (HDMI, mSD, etc) is built in to the Note and it's a far superior device, IMO.

A Tegra Note also has a Tegra 4, instead of the Tegra 3 that's in the 2013 Nexus. ;-)

Yeah plus with tn7 you get a tablet which is great for other stuff like drawing and what not

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty much the reason I went for the Note over the Shield. The Shield's form factor makes it very difficult to use as a touch screen driven device. To me it was better to carry around a controller than it was to not really be able to play touch screen games... And yeah, on the occasions that I use it for more serious things as well.

If the OP is after something w/ the controller built in though, I'd recommend the Shield over a JXD product w/o question.

Reactions: idexo

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty much the reason I went for the Note over the Shield. The Shield's form factor makes it very difficult to use as a touch screen driven device. To me it was better to carry around a controller than it was to not really be able to play touch screen games... And yeah, on the occasions that I use it for more serious things as well.

If the OP is after something w/ the controller built in though, I'd recommend the Shield over a JXD product w/o question.

Yeah or if he want a tablet then a shield tab is great but costs way more than a tn7

idexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

ty for your response. I already have a psp 3000 which I use with psp games only now. I don't know how to install emulator and I don't want to do downgrading etc... bcs I'm afraid to brick it. I like it as it is. if I can use it by just copying emulators and roms on Memory Stick I'll also do this.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ty for your response. I already have a psp 3000 which I use with psp games only now. I don't know how to install emulator and I don't want to do downgrading etc... bcs I'm afraid to brick it. I like it as it is. if I can use it by just copying emulators and roms on Memory Stick I'll also do this.

No youd have to tweak it a bit and cfw. If you decide to do that then alot of people here at gbatemp.net can help but if not then thats cool

idexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try checking this forum for open source consoles: http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices

I'd get the Nvidia shield if you need something asap or wait. The snail w3d has been getting a lot of coverage.

I don't want a tablet. but JXD has tablet-like abilities too and I'm not against tablet features. I just want a decent handheld preferably open source emulator.

I'll probably check Nvidia Shield portable( not the new tablet one the older one )

idexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm exactly after something with the controller built in. TY for your recommendation.

FYI: I already have PS3, PS2, PS1, 3dsXL, DSi, PSP3000 and a Wii. I want to play older games on the go(and more often on my 32" HDTV) I don't want to do this with my computer tho I want a decent emulator with decent controls built in.

I appreciate all replies and recommendations.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Meh, I got mine for free (2012 model, plus it was on sale, got it as Christmas present), so I can't complain :P

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm exactly after something with the controller built in. TY for your recommendation.

FYI: I already have PS3, PS2, PS1, 3dsXL, DSi, PSP3000 and a Wii. I want to play older games on the go(and more often on my 32" HDTV) I don't want to do this with my computer tho I want a decent emulator with decent controls built in.

I appreciate all replies and recommendations.

http://www.gpd.hk/products.asp?selectclassid=017001&id=1280 seems decent and is better than a jxd. Or else id get a shield

azeluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I own a jxd s7800b and have done for almost a year now, it is a good android based handheld however it has its teething problems, the dpad although good quality and responsive isnt perfect, the analogue sticks are ok but can get worn and sometimes feel a bit crunchy,the battery indicator isnt all that good either most the time your system will show 75% and after about 4/5 hours use will suddenly start to plummit and the built in emulators are complete and utter rubbish.

but it is good for the price ive had hours and hours of fun with it i would firstly install a 3rd party launcher (i use nova launcher) that gives you mor control over your device, then instasll a cpu manager so you can set the cpu (mines on the highest clock speed) and delete all the bloat wear happy chick which comes bundled with it is rubbish uninstall in and install Robert Broglia's .emu emulators they are the best and they have built in support for the jxd controls.

Hope ive Helped.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a jxd s7800b and have done for almost a year now, it is a good android based handheld however it has its teething problems, the dpad although good quality and responsive isnt perfect, the analogue sticks are ok but can get worn and sometimes feel a bit crunchy,the battery indicator isnt all that good either most the time your system will show 75% and after about 4/5 hours use will suddenly start to plummit and the built in emulators are complete and utter rubbish.

but it is good for the price ive had hours and hours of fun with it i would firstly install a 3rd party launcher (i use nova launcher) that gives you mor control over your device, then instasll a cpu manager so you can set the cpu (mines on the highest clock speed) and delete all the bloat wear happy chick which comes bundled with it is rubbish uninstall in and install Robert Broglia's .emu emulators they are the best and they have built in support for the jxd controls.

Hope ive Helped.
.Emu is good but can all emulators that have customizable controls work with the jxd

azeluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah pretty much all emulators will allow you to map the keys to the jxd controls however .emu emulators have native support so you dont hvae to map them.

I also find the emulation more accurate and smooth ive compared the .emu emulators with a variety avaialble on the playstore and hands down the .emu allways gives bettter results.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah pretty much all emulators will allow you to map the keys to the jxd controls however .emu emulators have native support so you dont hvae to map them.

I also find the emulation more accurate and smooth ive compared the .emu emulators with a variety avaialble on the playstore and hands down the .emu allways gives bettter results.
True plus they are the only ones to have certain emulators the neo Geo and master drive, although I prefer myboy for my GB/a needs

azeluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
really myboy?????? i just didnt like it gba.emu is soooo much smoother and the cusomisation options are just better and if you turn off fast cpu>gpu (i think thats what its called) you can choose better scale options like 2xscale or pre scale etc but that mho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...