Hacking jut got my AK2i WOOOP

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my AK2i from 4coolday.com just arrived 5 days after the order was sent. and its awsome
tongue.gif
its a real genuine AK2i and doesnt have a spring which is nice.

hammer35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has a spring it is still authentic, for users with springs this what I do to keep the spring from breaking is I take the microsd card and click the spring down into place only on the first time and then from then on I take the card in and out just by pulling it out and sliding it back in making sure to never press down far enough to make the spring come back up.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that many of those which don't have springs, do actually have springs. I imagine there will be some that are shipped with the MicroSD card slot in the locked position like in the post above, if it arrived in that position you might never realise it was actually spring loaded.

If I were a retailer i'd probably ship them all in that state, it would atleast stop the returns until after you could fob them off.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hammer35 said:
If it has a spring it is still authentic, for users with springs this what I do to keep the spring from breaking is I take the microsd card and click the spring down into place only on the first time and then from then on I take the card in and out just by pulling it out and sliding it back in making sure to never press down far enough to make the spring come back up.

Yup, best advice.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4coolday.com?
you should've bought from simplymods.com!
they sell one for 16.50 with 2dollar shipping within US (from US).
don't have to wait 2-3 weeks like I always had to do with dealextreme
frown.gif

also, i like that site so much, since i won an r4 from doing a survey
biggrin.gif

you should do that survey and see your chances too

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thiefraccoon said:
4coolday.com?
you should've bought from simplymods.com!
they sell one for 16.50 with 2dollar shipping within US (from US).
don't have to wait 2-3 weeks like I always had to do with dealextreme
frown.gif

also, i like that site so much, since i won an r4 from doing a survey
biggrin.gif

you should do that survey and see your chances too
was shiping to UK so that would have cost me more money it was someting like £11 posted

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I believe that many of those which don't have springs, do actually have springs. I imagine there will be some that are shipped with the MicroSD card slot in the locked position like in the post above, if it arrived in that position you might never realise it was actually spring loaded.

If I were a retailer i'd probably ship them all in that state, it would atleast stop the returns until after you could fob them off.
turns out it was like this lol. ah well, i just havnt released the spring. but tbh, i have all the games on my card that i want so i dont need to keep taking it out anyway

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
turns out it was like this lol. ah well, i just havnt released the spring. but tbh, i have all the games on my card that i want so i dont need to keep taking it out anyway

It's an easy mistake to make lol. On the bright side, at least you know your Acekard 2i is normal.

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine has a spring, if the spring breaks, wont that microsd card slide out and you'll lose it if u tilt the ds unit alot? id rather have it preloaded with the spring working good

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:

Hey thats good advice. I had no idea that was possible! Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol