Gaming Just wondering is any one having issues with Skyward Sword HD?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before any one asks, yes, I've already calibrated the motion controls and updated the controllers lol :D

So I bought Skyward Sword HD a few days ago, and noticed there are some motion control issues with some of the secondary items in game, such as the beetle and sling shot. After you've used said items and put them away, I've noticed after some time of not using the items they cause the cursor and camera to go to the top right of the screen when taken back out. I also have trouble with the rope balancing and ewill have to hit plus then "reset gyro" for the controls to work properly. I sure hope Nintendo fixes these problems.

Is any one else having issues with Skyward Sword HD? I'd love to hear about them here :)

As always thanks :D

Last edited by Centrix,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my issue with it is that we got it as a standalone title, instead of in a bundle with Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD. It's a huge problem, and I hope the other two (mostly TP) get ported. (And please port the superior Wii version this time, yeah?)

Reactions: Jellykrop

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press y just before you use those items while aiming towards the TV and it will be good.

Yeah, I've done that so many times now that I'm ready to pull whats left of my hair out lol :P They just need to fix it, I'll just have to manage until then. I was just curious if any one else was dealing with issues like the ones I've posted above. :) Thank you for your input, I appreciate it :)

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've done that so many times now that I'm ready to pull whats left of my hair out lol :P They just need to fix it, I'll just have to manage until then. I was just curious if any one else was dealing with issues like the ones I've posted above. :) Thank you for your input, I appreciate it :)

Yeah, it's because of the lack of a sensor bar, the gyro has no "home base" to calibrate too, so it's constantly going wayward, hence the dedicated Y button to fix it, it's pretty annoying I agree.

I'm curious if a sensor bar could be used since the joycon has an IR camera, would definitely be cool if they brought it back.

Another bug I noticed: when I first visited Eldin I couldn't cross gaps, this was super confusing, it didn't make sense. So I kept trying, and discovered that it would let me jump gaps if the camera was at an angle but not if it was aimed straight ahead? very odd.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is very odd about not being able to jump gaps. Also, that makes allot of sense now that you mention it. I wonder if a wireless sensor bar might work? I have one I used on my wii. All you had to do was plug the darn thing in and it worked. It was wireless so it didn’t actually need to be connected to the wii in order for it work.

Last edited by Centrix,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disable motion controls and also check your not having drifting issues, which is a common problem with the shit analogue sticks.

Nyaako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually gotten very used to pressing the Y-button to reset to center. It eventually felt like second nature to me and considering that a lot of the times you're just moving about or switching between rooms in dungeons, I just occasionally fell into a habit to press the Y-button whenever possible.

Of course, only other way to avoid it is to use the non-motion controls, but those feel a lot more clunky to use, imo.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, my issue with it is that we got it as a standalone title, instead of in a bundle with Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD. It's a huge problem, and I hope the other two (mostly TP) get ported. (And please port the superior Wii version this time, yeah?)
Why do you consider the Wii version "superior"?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you consider the Wii version "superior"?
Maybe because its control was designed for the wiimote and nintendo did a shit job assigning it to the right analogue and noting its a so called "hd" yet looks exactly the same.

So yea, switch version has shit controls, the wii was bad as it was but not as bad.

Ive already said id rather stick to playing it on the wii u than the switch.

Its yet again another crappy old port to add to the already endless list of old nintendont ports.

New console, to play old shit we alreasy own.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe because its control was designed for the wiimote and nintendo did a shit job assigning it to the right analogue and noting its a so called "hd" yet looks exactly the same.

So yea, switch version has shit controls, the wii was bad as it was but not as bad.

Ive already said id rather stick to playing it on the wii u than the switch.

Its yet again another crappy old port to add to the already endless list of old nintendont ports.

New console, to play old shit we alreasy own.
So, didn't you know ti has motion controls using the joy-cons disconnected?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, didn't you know ti has motion controls using the joy-cons disconnected?
yes, but thats no use when you dont play docked, i always play it on the go also using the far superior hori joycons, but only downfall is they have no battery, but isnt an issue for me as i always play on the go and id rather have superior controllers than the crap joycons nintendo make that feel shit and cheap as fuck that always end up drifting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...