Hacking Just wondering if this is possible...

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So, I've been wondering if there's a way to decrypt a R4's _DS_MENU.dat file and rename it to a .nds file so it can run perfectly on YSMenu. I tried using r4denc and managed to do so, but when I load the .nds file with YSMenu I just get 2 black screens. Before someone asks why would I want the R4 firmware if I already have YSMenu working...well, a game I want to play (Rune Factory 2 undubbed) doesn't work but it does work in a R4. Weird, huh?

Anyone willing to help?

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
bitonio6 said:
Why you ask to do that ???
Try harder next time.

QUOTE(spinal_cord @ Dec 12 2009, 11:49 AM) Why not have the r4 firmware on your card as normal, and replace moonshell with ysmenu, that way you can just tap the movie button to launch yamenu.
I just need it to play one single game. The others work perfectly on YSMenu but I have my doubts if they will work the same when using the R4. That's why I prefer to have YSMenu as my firmware.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible...

However, you can copy the R4 Firmware to your card ("_system_" folder and _DS_MENU.DAT) and build YSMenu as an auto-running NDS file ("TTMenu" folder, DEFAULT.NDS + DEFAULT.SAV).
This will make YSMenu load "instantly", and when you want to switch to the R4 firmware, just hold "B" button at start up.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
although creating a default.nds file would work it adds a few seconds to the start up time which could be annoying if you only want to use it for one game. What about having 2 _DS_MENU.dat files and putting one in a directory then swapping them around with DSOrganize when you need to run that game. Do you know why that certain game only works on the R4 firmware? I got error 81 when I tried to boot certain games using YSMenu but if you format it from FAT32 to FAT or vice versa it should solve problems like that.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
although creating a default.nds file would work it adds a few seconds to the start up time which could be annoying if you only want to use it for one game. What about having 2 _DS_MENU.dat files and putting one in a directory then swapping them around with DSOrganize when you need to run that game.That will be more of a bother than the two seconds you won't notice in loading time.

QUOTE(Supersonicmonk @ Dec 12 2009, 02:12 PM) Do you know why that certain game only works on the R4 firmware? I got error 81 when I tried to boot certain games using YSMenu but if you format it from FAT32 to FAT or vice versa it should solve problems like that.
If you get it on new games using R4+YSMenu, like Assassin's Creed II: Discovery, it's possible your R4Patch.dat needs to be updated.
Here's the one from 1.17a12: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2z3itomynm

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
twiztidsinz said:
I don't think it's possible...

However, you can copy the R4 Firmware to your card ("_system_" folder and _DS_MENU.DAT) and build YSMenu as an auto-running NDS file ("TTMenu" folder, DEFAULT.NDS + DEFAULT.SAV).
This will make YSMenu load "instantly", and when you want to switch to the R4 firmware, just hold "B" button at start up.
Guess I'll just use the YSMenu as a .nds file. Thanks again, dude. : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water