Just WHY is GameFAQs forums so damn ****??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
I had this problem with the first forum I ever joined, which was a bionicle forum when I was 11. What happens is, all these boards are run by 13 year olds and all they do is run around complaining that somebody posted something wrong or offensive or blah this, or one word post that.

You end up feeling you've joined some sort of Nazi run fascist forum where everyone is more concerned about "oh noez, is this in teh wrong forum? cuz mods can move it"

sorry, my lazy internet speak sucks.

BoneMonkey said:
why do you go to gamespot they get paid for there reviews

Oo oh, oh! I went to gamespot like everyday but removed them out of my bookmarks after that paid for review. I hope they lost a lot more traffic from that.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
SkH said:
BoneMonkey said:
why do you go to gamespot they get paid for there reviews
Whaat??!!

blink.gif
I told you in the third post of this thread.

Anything that might make the game developers look down on them gets moderated, so they don't lose their payment for favourable reviews.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't get why people hate gamefaqs so much, and/or complain about the moderation even though I never saw any extreme faggotry or got modded for completely ridiculous shit that was enough to make me hate the damn place.
of course, there are a lot of assholes there, but with the ignore function it's all fine. seriously, I don't see what's that bad about it at all.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People hate the boards as most of them are full of retards. Look at the DS board , pretty much every topic is what is a flash card , what's an r4 etc , when they could easily find out by just googling it. People hate the mods as they are biased , you can be moderated for one thing , some one else we do the same or worse and no action. Just depends on whether you are on their good side or not , also quite conveniently there is no place to complain about the mods either.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, gamefaqs sucks. I've got about 5 moderated messages, just for talking the truth about some things. No flaming involved, just talking.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soooo many fanboys on gamefaq.

I love the PSP vs. DS 'discussions' they're quite entertaining.

Here's a quick preview:

QUOTE said:
but look all the psp is a an ipod with games thats all and not many good games eather cause all it does have is
GoW
FF:CC
and and ummmmmmm........ thats it nothing more the PsP= crap games but movies n music (witch i can just but an ipod for)
DS= Games,Movies,Music and alot more
so piss off fan hoes

QUOTE said:
SP fanboy's I will tell you common sense facts.

Why DS rulez and PSP is for gheyz:

1. Touch Screen Technology
2. Microphone
3. Two Screens
4. Holds two bay ports (GBA and DS)
5. The PSP has graphics, The DS has greater gameplay.

END OF STORY. You cannot refute anything I have just said. It has been scientifically proven. :-)

Your actually wrong.

I listed 4 reasons why the DS is greater than the PSP. The psp on the contrary only has 2 advanages, maybe 3. And none involve gameplay.

DS > PSP in Gameplay.
PSP > DS in Graphics.

End of Story.

Lawlz PSPissgheyz
Psp haz teh shitz gameplyz lawl 4 hours battery>?!?!? LAWL
DS HAZ:
MICROFONE
TOUCHSCRENZ
TWO SCREENZ
lawl.
psp haz no gamez ds has so much way better gameplayz.
lawl PSPiss

it's entertaining but makes me feel sick at the same time.

PapiChulo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sadly GBATemp is becoming gamefaqs with thin-skinned moderating by committee. Can't offend anyone y'know? Even Canadians who duck under their beds in the fetal position at the sound of a thumpin' bass line.

That's why I quit.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
PapiChulo said:
Sadly GBATemp is becoming gamefaqs with thin-skinned moderating by committee. Can't offend anyone y'know? Even Canadians who duck under their beds in the fetal position at the sound of a thumpin' bass line.

That's why I quit.

You came to this decision after only 19 posts, over the course of at least half a year?

I have a better view of the community then this and I took a 9 month hiatus.

PapiChulo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Teej said:
PapiChulo said:

That's why I quit.

You came to this decision after only 19 posts, over the course of at least half a year?

I have a better view of the community then this and I took a 9 month hiatus.

I had 700+ posts and suicided that moniker.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been on GameFAQs for 8 years, with 2500+ karma. The basic rule of thumb there is: act like you're in grade school. No insults, no "bad words", no name calling, etc. Seriously, that's how that place is ran. If you call someone an idiot, they'll probably mod you, and your post will probably get deleted. That's just how childish they are. Just be creative about it, that's what I do.

Yea, it's stupid. Yea, it's severely restricted. But, there's always that 10% or so of the population that contributes great information. Just as long as you know how weed through the garbage, it's worth it.

Also, there's a certain bunch of garbage that always ends up there. Things such as:

Should I buy this? (or this?)
Hurt and heal
This game sucks because...
SOMETHING STUPID IN ALL CAPS FOLLOWED BY (caps) [GameFAQs doesn't allow all caps post titles, hence the little (caps) at the end]
I just found out something amazing! [that is well known, and has been for months]
Someone help! [...with this incredibly common point in the game that is in every FAQ here]
Does anyone know what this is? [that a search will bring up 14 pages of]

There are plenty of others, but I could go on forever. GameFAQs is about 80% worthless crap, but if you can skim through it, you'll find useful information. Just don't expect to be able to treat those boards like anywhere else you go. They're like the ESRB standard forums or something. Solid G-rating.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GameFAQ's can burn.

I was there for about a month before I discovered GBATemp. My eyes were opened and I realized that the crap that was going on there was not worth the time I spent there. So I left and now I'm here. I love you guys
tongue.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
m3rox said:
PuyoDead said:
I've been on GameFAQs for 8 years, with 2500+ karma.

So what, all that says is that you need to get a life.

I see. The guy is giving his opinion on something and you attack him? Who says that in that 8 year span that all he did was post on GameFAQ's? Did he say it? No. You assumed he did.

Add to the discussion or GTFO. That is all.

Reactions: Chaos_1152

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
m3rox said:
JKR Firefox said:
m3rox said:
PuyoDead said:
I've been on GameFAQs for 8 years, with 2500+ karma.

So what, all that says is that you need to get a life.

Add to the discussion or GTFO. That is all.

Don't be a forum Mountie.

I take it you meant that in a insulting manner? I apologize if I've offended you in such a way that you feel that you need to attack my nationality to make yourself feel better. Do as you wish and continue to flame other members any way you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse