Just want to say how satisfied I am with FIFA 18

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by horokeusama, May 18, 2018.

1. horokeusama
    OP

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I know most people here are not really into football/soccer, and those who like games based on it, normally don't play on Nintendo consoles, since past iterations were awful. I recently bought "FIFA 18" for Switch, even though its 2x the price of the PS4 version (at least here in Brazil). And guys, its AMAZING! The gameplay is fluid, it runs in 1080p when docked, it supports multiple languages, including commentary and most modes from the more robust versions are present, excluding that weird story mode.

Playing a match in portable mode before sleep became a routine for me, and that's something the console version can't provide.
    I've noticed that the game got a price cut in Europe, so I really recommend you guys to get it. It's fun, the single player campaign modes are amazing and it will have a World Cup update (don't know if it's already out by now).

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2013
    I hate FIFA but sometimes Id love to play a match or two with my dad. Oh well..maybe I buy this when its 20$

3. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    It's really an awesome game.

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE likes this.
  4. horokeusama
    OP

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I also like to play it with my dad. He started playing soccer games back on SNES (International Superstar Soccer Deluxe) and became addicted since that time.

fatsquirrel likes this.
  5. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Good to know man. I love FIFA but i have it on PC so i didnt buy it for my Switch.

Maybe gonna give it a try for FIFA 2019.

horokeusama likes this.
  6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    It's much better than the reviews would suggest. I got it used quite cheaply and very glad it's in my collection.

peteruk likes this.
  7. TapNorX

TapNorX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I played both, the switch and the ps4 version. mostly the FUT part. I liked them both but unfortunately, the switch FUT is lacking some modes (daily/weeky challenges), so its more difficult the collect some cash to buy your players.

8. Ysle29

Ysle29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    Netherlands
    Up on Melancholy Hill
    I have been playing FIFA since FIFA 06 and I bought the Switch version of FIFA 18 at release but I traded it in for the PS4 version almost immediately.
    Perhaps it's ok if you're just a casual FIFA player but I really hated the fact that it's basically just a FIFA 16 reskin while EA promised the game would be more like FIFA 17.
    More importantly, the lack of online multiplayer against friends was also infuriating to me.
    I just can't understand why EA is too lazy to implent such a basic feature.
    I get that the Switch doesn't have a good built-in matchmaking system but it wouldn't be so hard to let players play each other with their Origin accounts.

I'd say it's a great FIFA game for players new to the game and without friends to play with, but the Switch version is really inferior to the PS4/XB1 version for long time FIFA players.

9. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I'm in the same boat! I've been looking (really looking) to play a decent football game on the go for some time. I had to settle with psp emulation on the vita or fifa 15 on the vita itself. But ever since I got Fifa 18 for the Switch...it's been a blast!
    I enjoy both messing with the cpu with joycons attached and detached. Playing semi-pro btw.

10. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    don´t count on it been on the switch

11. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    i fail to understand how is this good? IIRC even the ps3 had 1080p with full commentary in the different languages (i think even the ps2 had portuguese (portugal) full comentary) and IIRC the last ps2 version of fifa would do 1080i

i mean are you saying its good because you had low expectations for the switch and are just conformed because you where not expecting fluid gameplay or something?

12. alexj9626

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Why.....?

FIFA is a regular for Nintendo, since forever.

18 is selling pretty well (mostly Europe). I dont see why 19 wont be on the Switch. I mean, it could happen but i dont think it would.

13. Ysle29

Ysle29 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    Netherlands
    Up on Melancholy Hill
    I wouldn't count FIFA as a regular game for Nintendo.
    Yes, there have been FIFA games for the Wii (U) and (3)DS but those were all old legacy versions with many important game modes or even controls missing.

14. Waywatcher

Waywatcher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    FIFA 18 is by far the game I've spent most hours on, and it's so awesome that it's portable. My coworker is always bugging me to play a game or two during our breaks :D

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  15. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Because this is EA we are talking about... and they think they are not making "enough" money on the Switch
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-not-making-more-nintendo-switch-games-soon/1100-6454564/

I mean look at the lack of EA releases and how lazy they were on the FIFA 18 port

16. horokeusama
    OP

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Well as I said, the main functionalities that I expect from a annual football game are present. I know it lacks stuff present on PS4, but the "intimacy" that the portable mode provides makes it a great experience for me.

You failed to understand because I wasn't saying it was universally great, but for my standards is a great game. In fact, I am the one who fails to understand what were you expecting from a soccer game that has 90% of the content from the other consoles. And I didn't have lower expectations towards the Switch version. I just knew that this version would be limited.
    As for the language options, that's just a flavor I wasn't really expecting, but that's because of nintendo not being present in all american territories.

17. alexj9626

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Like i said, FIFA has been on Nintendo consoles forever. GBA, Wii, DS, 3DS, WIii U.

If the game is not good or whatever is not the point. FIFA 19 most likely would be on the Switch.

That article is from November.... Not a valid point.

Again, doesnt matter if the port is shit or not, they have history with Nintendo and i dont see it going away soon.

18. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    The lack of releases means they still think they are not making enough money on Nintendo´s new system

19. alexj9626

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
  20. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!" ❤️

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica