Just want to double-check my hacking options...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ksdixon, May 4, 2015.

1. ksdixon
    OP

ksdixon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    PSTV Firmware 3.36
    PSVita1000 Firmware 3.50

Both are set-up with a UK PSN account, attempting to format either device wants me to deactivate the PSVita/PSTV (says it can't be done afterwards, such as on the website), and also wants me to Update System Firmware as part of the formatting process, so I NOPE'd the hell out of there, because I don't want to update either device's firmware any futher than they already are.

From what I've read already, it seems my options may be somewhat limited?

PSVita 1000 - OFW 3.50 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_350.html

Seems like I may be out of luck. "World of Pool (EU)" is unavailable to buy in the EU PStore; my Vita is set-up with a UK account, and formatting (to set-up with my USA account in order to buy "Ape Escape") apparently wants to upgrade the firmware.

PSTV - OFW 3.36 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_336.html
    Whilst it looks like I could enable PSP Homebrew for old console emulators, I already have a hacked PSP to do that on. I'm more interested in if I am theoretically able to use the "Proof Of Concept: Running unplayable vita games on PSTV" by mr. gas shown, if it gets released publically:

Overall I'm a bit puzzelled. Sony seem intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. PSVita/PSTV should be a lot more desireable than they are, but each seem to be weighted-down by poor design decisions. In my opinion SONY should release a PSVita 3000 SKU with:

- Ability to support multiple user accounts, not just one account per hardware.
    - L2/R2 shoulder buttons, clickable L3/R3 sticks for 1:1 PS4 Remote Play input.
    - Output to HDTV (like PSTV).
    - Wireless Bluetooth pairing with DS4 controller.

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    I seriously doubt Sony will bring out a new handheld console, they fucked this one up good and proper.

Bonny likes this.
  3. psvpwner

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Not sure what you mean by saying your 3.50 Vita is asking you to update? 3.50 is the latest firmware at this time...

4. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    :rofl: