Homebrew Just tried to Update Luma and now my 3ds is broken?

ShinLarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on Luma 7.something before I tried to update to 8.1 Now since Iv'e updated, no matter what I do my 3ds will not turn on. Just a blinking blue light and instantly shuts off. How can this happen if I just tried to update luma? Can someone please help me out here?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just saying this here in case, if you were on 7.0.5, then you are still using a9lh, so get that Luma version again so it's working and then use the guide to switch to b9s, since all Luma versions after 7.0.5 require you to have it.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying this here in case, if you were on 7.0.5, then you are still using a9lh, so get that Luma version again so it's working and then use the guide to switch to b9s, since all Luma versions after 7.0.5 require you to have it.
If he had a9lh and tried to update Luma, his system would still boot as Luma Updater would just download the boot.firm and a9lh doesn't know what to do with the file. I know this because that's how I tested the downloads of the boot.firm while on a a9lh system.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If he had a9lh and tried to update Luma, his system would still boot as Luma Updater would just download the boot.firm and a9lh doesn't know what to do with the file. I know this because that's how I tested the downloads of the boot.firm while on a a9lh system.
It was in case he tried to update manually. Anyway, it's fixed now so it's ok.

Reactions: ShinLarc

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was on Luma 7.something before I tried to update to 8.1 Now since Iv'e updated, no matter what I do my 3ds will not turn on. Just a blinking blue light and instantly shuts off. How can this happen if I just tried to update luma? Can someone please help me out here?

Exactly the same thing happened to me and it sucked lol. Glad (for both of us) it didn't lead to a brick, it would have been my first bricked console.

Reactions: ShinLarc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.