Hardware Just Tried SaveMiiFrii, it failed.

HaplessIdiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened up a offbrand gc controller to try and save my wii that I bricked installing a shitty cIOS back in 2010. I was trying to get the newest version of cIOS and DVDmod installed at the same time. I held all 4 dpad buttons and still a black screen. What modchips or actions do I need to do to save my wii? I Really don't want to buy a new one since it was the OG 2008 wii from launch and I value it too much.
EDIT: Would getting a modded dvd drive let me boot a system menu off a dvd?

Last edited by HaplessIdiot,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will have go get a mod chip that's set to autoboot a dvd. you can then burn something like wad manager on a dvd and it will autoboot the dvd before the wii attempts to load the system menu. you will need some working ios for it to use to boot. there is a program that lets you make your own custom wii dvd image. That will alow you to create a dvd image with what ever dol you need to boot. i have created a wad manager 1.5 dvd image before and burned it to a dvd and i can confirm it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb