Hacking Just to be clear, .3ds ROMs cannot be played or used on AceKard2i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrredpants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on a DS XL for a long time using Acekard2i with various nds files - never had issues.

I just got a 3DS - ordered my AceKard (new one) and have been looking.

If I were to come accross a file that looked like this: v-pmrb.3ds - am I to understand this will NOT play on any flashcart to date?

I just want to be sure before I go and spend too much time trying to make that work.

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You got a DS flashcard that's meant to play DS games.

No flashcard to date will play 3DS games.
It's not likely that they would either.

Companies rather make a special 3DS flashcard since it will give them a bigger profit.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing plays 3DS roms yet. And any cart out right now will not play 3DS roms because they are engineered for the DS, not the 3DS.
Its confusing, when a card says its "3DS compatible" all it means is that you can play DS games in DS mode on a 3DS.

mrredpants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...ill-not-hacked/

EDIT:

and have been looking.
I'm gonna call bullshit on that while I'm here. If you were looking, you'd see the one sticky in a different color from all the rest that stands out in caps saying "NOTHING PLAYS 3DS ROMS" :rolleyes:

I DID read that post, HOWEVER, it wasn't updated since March I think - and I can't tell you how many times I'm on forums (I do a lot of cell phone stuff) where there's buzz going around and there's some new info. So take that bull*** and stick it where ... well, somewhere. Sarcasm man. "Hello, my name is Sarcasm Man - I name myself that so I can be an a-hole on a forum site, of course, sarcasm is supposed to be a subtle thing, so, I'm kind of negating the idea of being funny, but, I am, in fact....Sarcasm Man!! *insert super hero sound here"

Anyway, thanks for re-iterating the obvious first post and thanks to the other guys that clarified that 3ds games would likely never play on the original flashcart. Which is a drag, but, I'm sure will be fixed at some point in the future.

Awesome first post experience for me too! This is AWEsome!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I laughed.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I suggested we keep updating the date on the thread to stop people like you from thinking it's old, but I was told people were smarter than that...

EDIT2: Holy shit I actually did make a suggestion like that, and was pretty much told that. Huh. NOT SUCH A BAD IDEA NOW VULPES IS IT??

Reactions: 2 people

mrredpants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I laughed.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I suggested we keep updating the date on the thread to stop people like you from thinking it's old, but I was told people were smarter than that...

Something to be said for being TOO smart or too experienced or too obsessive when it comes to forums and being up to date. Especially when it comes to phones and roms and leaks and etc. I know all the guys on the phone sites and I know there is a delay on the info they get and when they get around to updating their stickies.

And I'm glad you laughed - good to know you get sarcasm!

And I'm pissed about this 3ds rom thing - it's very painful forking over dough at gamestop and the like. Grrr.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just to make things clearer for you
There is a sticky
http://gbatemp.net/t...ill-not-hacked/
If it's still stickied, still highlighted like it is, and not removed, then it's still up to date. It can be there for any amount of time and still be up to date.
When the system is hacked, the sticky will be removed or changed to reflect the current information.
Otherwise if it hasn't changed or been removed, the information is 100% up to date.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If or when there's an update, GBATemp would be one of the first to know about it.

EDIT: As for the sarcasm man thing, someone told me I should put that as my title so people don't keep getting all butthurt over everything.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lets just say you'll be following it for a long time. A "hack" won't be out for months and months, if that even. Just check back every month or so, no point following every day.

EDIT: Err...not to drive you away from the site or anything. Heh.

mrredpants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following is the way to go - it will notify me if anyone ever updates it, and since no one can post to it otherwise, that's perfect.
And no, didn't scare me away! :moogle:

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Thank you guys for not completely blasting the newbie for not reading the stickies, and actually pointing him toward the information he needs.

That being said, before posting, be sure to read the stickies, and if that fails a search wouldn't hurt.

Thread closed.

Reactions: 3 people

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Acekard 2i cannot under any circumstances play 3DS games, and if there hasn't been an update since March, there's clearly no new information to add.

If playing 3DS games becomes possible via other media, not only will it not be on an Acekard 2i, but the details will be prominently featured, most likely on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou