Hardware Just some curiosity about HDD choices

texmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What size external HDD are you running for your wii u and how much space you actually use? Right now I am using a 250Gb and it's almost full and I am planning to upgrade to something bigger. So my nerdly curiosity got me to wondering what are you guys out there using? :)

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
a 320gb hard drive that is about 60% full. I would happily replace the y cable and the hard drive itself for a 320gb micro sd and a tiny usb adapter if you ask me.

Reactions: texmcc

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 750 gb I've used about 600 but more Wii/GC/N64/DS injects than Wii U games. Between them all it's at the limit of 300 that the system allows so I can't add any more and that 150 gb is wasted.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 750 gb I've used about 600 but more Wii/GC/N64/DS injects than Wii U games. Between them all it's at the limit of 300 that the system allows so I can't add any more and that 150 gb is wasted.

you can have more if you use system config tool.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can have more if you use system config tool.

What is that exactly like an alternative way to install games than Wup installer or? Tell me more.

I've heard people say it can brick your Wii U?

There's really not anymore games i need for any of those systems I already went through complete lists and found all the games I wanted so I probably won't want to mess with it. I mean there's more N64 I would want but they dont' work on Wii U.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install games with system config tool (that's how I installed my games actually), but I'm not sure if has to be through that app. I've never had 300+ titles. however, I think it's similar to how fbi on the 3ds can have more 300 titles installed. regardless, you may have to deal with that 300 title limit warning even when you can run more than that.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, like I said in my edit there's really no other games I need. You can google "List of ______ games" ______ being the system you're interested in and find complete list of games for any console I went through Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, DS and N64 and found every game I wanted, then later I'd go back and find more I wanted and now there's really nothing left that I need on any of them. Older systems like GBA, NES, SNES are on my Switch. Pretty interesting though I didn't know there was a way to exceed the 300 limit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the games are pretty much in limbo when exceed the limit. I know on both the 3ds and the vita, games over the limit will appear if you delete them on the 3ds or move them into folders on the vita. on the wii u, I'm using about 1.3TBs at maybe 260 titles.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW @godreborn you can make your own forwarders for games on Switch as well. I have like 400 games on my Switch each with their own individual icon. Hacked Switch of course.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And most of my games are forwarded from Retroarch and all it's emulators and also a standalone Dreamcast emulator.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW @godreborn you can make your own forwarders for games on Switch as well. I have like 400 games on my Switch each with their own individual icon. Hacked Switch of course.

hmm...I haven't hacked my switch, but I did look at the serial number and it's not patched. I had to send in my original switch for repairs. Nintendo said that the problem was NAND corruption, so I lost all saves. it was still under warranty, so I got a refurbished one, which so happened not to be patched for some reason. I'm probably going to go legit from switch onward. right now, I have 55 digital games at about 340GBs of space. I have been downloading every game I own and verifying them just in case.

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I like some of the games switch has to offer for sure, but it's the emulators that's making it truly great IMO. PSP, N64, Dreamcast. Even Gamecube through Lakka. (although personally I prefer Wii U for that) Some of the emulators have a way to go like Saturn and Wii but overall it's a dream for me.

texmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, DS and N64 and found every game I wanted, then later I'd go back and find more.
OMG :rofl2: I do the same thing for all my modded consoles! I found a great site that has lists like "all north american ____ games released" and it has cover art with it. It has been perfect for helping my boys help me pick games for them. We make a list and I get the titles all sorted into my backup ext hdd and then I install to the consoles. I have all my games backed up to a dedicated hdd that is just for all my game files and console modding tools etc, title keys etc. Between all my consoles it's over a TB now. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16