Just saw Iron Man today!!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Ahmedz, Apr 30, 2008.

Apr 30, 2008

Just saw Iron Man today!! by Ahmedz at 9:35 PM (3,139 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. Ahmedz
    OP

Newcomer Ahmedz Advanced Member

Bahrain
    Hey guys, I just came back from watching Iron Man in the cinema and I have to say IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
    dont worry i'm gonna keep this place here spoiler free.

for anyone who's wondering how I saw it, well let me just say that it came out today here in Bahrain.
    I also heard that it came out aswell in U.A.E today!

Man I swear this is Spider-Man 3* all over again...... [​IMG]

(*I'm talking about the unexpected release of the movie and nothing about Iron Man)

2. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Hmm,Im not sure,i may see it.

Better than spiderman 3?
    If so,ill probably go.

3. Ahmedz
    OP

Newcomer Ahmedz Advanced Member

Bahrain
    when i said spider-man 3 i ment the release and not the movie [​IMG]

4. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    That's good because Spider-man 3 was horrible!

5. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    I'm just going to say this right now, keep it on topic. No more of this Spidey 3 talk.

6. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    I just finished reading the first volume of Ultimate Iron Man, and I can not wait for the movie! But I will have to wait, because no theaters around here are going to get it....

You really liked Spiderman 3, didn't you?

7. Ace Gunman

Canada
    Yes, yes I did. It's one of the buttons you don't want to push, as Venom is my Jesus. [​IMG]

8. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I hate Venom ... almost as much as I hate anything to do with the Teen Titans, after 1983 ...

9. GeekShadow

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
    What is the name of the song in the film start ? (on the military car)

EDIT :
    Just find it [​IMG] ACDC - Back In Black !

10. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    It's nice to hear that Iron Man is actually good cause the last movie I watched based on a comic book slung shit.

Anyways, I hope to catch the film on sunday with some buds. Explosions + Downey Jr = A good time? : D

11. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Maybe--I'll see it this summer when it goes to the discount dollar theater.

12. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Eh, how was it released so early there?

13. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Didn't I hear that Marvel had a little more control over this one than previous ventures?
    *looks at Ace questioningly*

Regardless, this is one I'm blowing bucks on to see in a theater, so I'm glad to hear it was awesome!

14. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I'm going to go see it tomorrow. It's a holiday!

15. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    From Wikipedia:

In 2005, Variety reported that Marvel themselves will start producing films with Paramount Pictures distributing them. The funding will come from a seven year $525 million revolving credit facility with Merill Lynch. Since the announcement, Marvel's film slate has expanded to include:

* Iron Man (2008) - May 2, 2008 release
    * The Incredible Hulk (2008) - Distributed by Universal Studios - June 13, 2008 release[1]
    * Ant-Man (2009) - Writers Edgar Wright & Joe Cornish and Director Edgar Wright engaged[1]
    * Captain America (2009) - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer David Self engaged[1]
    * Nick Fury (2010) - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer Andrew Marlowe engaged [1]
    * Thor (2009) - Writer Mark Protosevich engaged[1] Matthew Vaughn was negotiated with to direct in 2007.[2]
    * The Avengers (2011) - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer Zak Penn engaged[1]
    * Black Panther - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
    * Dr.Strange - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
    * Hawkeye - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
    * Shang-Chi - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
    * Cloak and Dagger - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
    * Power Pack - Distributed by Paramount Pictures

16. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Good to know it's good. I'll definitely watch it in theatres.

17. Ace Gunman

Canada
    I must say, I'm quite looking forward to Iron Man. It looks true to the source material, and just an all-around fun ride.

As for Spidey 3, don't worry about it, it's mostly bias. There are very few things I'm biased towards, but this is one of them. I waited for Spider-Man 3 (IE Venom on the big screen) for 13 years. It was quite literally my life's dream. Amazing or awful, I was going to love it. For the record though, even without the bias I didn't think it to be a bad film. Fantastic action scenes, more Peter, MJ, and Harry development, homages and references galore, and most importantly of all... Venom.

It wasn't without it's downsides, of course. I don't care for Tobey or Kirsten on the whole, I've never thought either one of them were right for their parts. The pacing was off; it needed to be 15 - 20 minutes longer to elaborate on where the symbiote came from, Sandman's powers, and Eddie Brock's motivations (I look forward to an extended cut). Also, too many villains. I loved how they handled Sandman (a character I've never actually liked, but came to actually care for within the context of this film)... but I wish he hadn't been included in general. He stole too much focus from Venom and Harry.

I do get frustrated when people criticize it for the most idiotic reason of all though... "Spider-Man was an emo". Hey, morons? It was a HAIRCUT. A bad haircut, mind you, but a haircut doesn't make you emo. In fact, he exhibited no other "emo" traits. The black suit made him more confident and LESS whiny. He wasn't cutting himself or somesuch, he was picking up women. To summarize? Haircut doesn't equal emo. It's the weepy cut yourself attitude that makes you emo. If anything regular pre-black suit Peter Parker was more of an emo (God damn I hate that word). He was the polar opposite of "emo" with the suit.

I will however concede the dance scenes. I happened to find them to be quite amusing, but I can completely understand why someone else would not. Though really, this is hardly the first film where someone has danced. It's not exactly like he broke out into showtunes (And dancing? Not emo).

I could rant about this all day, but the bottom line is that this is one of my hot buttons. Also, for anyone who wants to reply to this comment, it better be attached to an Iron Man movie comment or it will be removed as off-topic. That's just policy.

18. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    The only series of those I think deserves a movie is The Hulk (to make up for the first), Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, and Hawkeye. I don't think Fury deserves his own movie.

And when it comes, $10 he's white and has hair.

edit: on topic, i saw the preview for Iron Man, and whoever that guy playing Stark is, doesn't really suit the Stark I'm used to seeing.

19. Ace Gunman

Canada
    Ultimate Nick Fury is actually a more popular character. He's one of the single most well-received creations of the Ultimate line. They've also portrayed him Samuel L. Jackson (who he was modeled after) style in various recent video games, TV programs animated films such as Ultimate Avengers... oh, and yeah, in...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

20. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    You mean like he has been for over 40 years ... ?

That's why Fury didn't cameo in the Iron Man movie, because they want to get away from Ultimate Marvel, and get back to being closer to 616 ...

The movies, and Iron Man is a good example of this, are a 616/Ultimate fusion, with a few tweaks and changes ... But, they are trying to get away from the Ultimate universe, as a concession to the fans ...

EDIT : Fury was edited from Iron Man, Ace ...