Just received my first flashcart (Edge) recommendations wanted.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by toastert2003, Dec 13, 2008.

1. toastert2003
    OP

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, I've just bought a DS a couple weeks ago for my wife, and the Edge took a little while longer to arrive.. So it arrived today.

We haven't played or seen a single game on the Edge, except Warioware Touched, which I bought while waiting for the Edge to arrive, but I'm picky on what I spend money on (that's why I got the flashcart, so I can test them out first). I have no intentions of being a DS pirate, but I found this a viable option to try each game for a couple minutes to decide if I wanna put them on the list of games to ebay or even run to wal-mart and grab..

It's not such a problem of paying for them, except I know, with having a Wii that shovelware crap games are running rampant everywhere..

So to get me started, I have $300 bucks to spend on our own personal DS christmas, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend a few games we could try and then run out and buy..

Thanks!

2. AeroHex

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    Well, it all depend what you like
    rpgs, shooting and sport etc

i like metroid prime hunters final fantasy ninja gayden (or something) etc

3. toastert2003
    OP

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the hints.. But it can be anything.. the "must haves" are a huge help for me, but yeah, anything anyone finds to be fun, will be a great help.

4. path

Newcomer path Member

India
  5. Maybe

Member Maybe GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I like metacritic.com because it looks at a lot of different reviews and averages the scores as well as giving you links to the original reviews. Any of the top games on metacritic would be good choices. http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

There are several on the above list that I don't personally care for, and there are several games like "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland" that I really liked that aren't in the top 20, but your whole point of buying a flash cart was to try before you buy, so there you go!

-Bri

7. berkley

Newcomer berkley Advanced Member

Canada
    Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Castlevania
    Cooking Mama 1 & 2
    Kirby Super Star Ultra
    Mario Kart
    Metroid Prime Hunters
    Spore Creatures
    those are just a few I could think of off the top of my head, and those links everyone else submitted are good links [​IMG]

oh and Ninja Town

8. naveedy

Member naveedy GBAtemp Regular

United States

The best link ever, I recommend looking at the thread, that should answer all your questions. You may also want to put some emulators on your edge card. loook into it.

9. Tall Alien

Banned Tall Alien Banned

United States
    anyways, if want to bring nostalgia where ever you go, get

snemulDS
    jEnesisDS
    nesDS
    those are the best emus for those systems

also neo-geo had some of the best fighting games, download neoDS

and if you need help setting neoDS up pm me