Just received my EZ-Flash IV Lite Card Today

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Bree500, Jul 2, 2011.

Jul 2, 2011
  1. Bree500
    OP

Member Bree500 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi, i just got my EZ-Flash IV Lite Card Today and something is not right. It didn't come with any manual or adaptor, so something is not right.

I went to the ez flash iv website and it says it takes Micro SD card, well, i put the micro sd card in the slot and the SLOT is way too big for the micro sd card. So i figured, i have to use the micro sd card adaptor that came with the micro sd card that i had purchased from Walmart. But the adaptor is too big for the SLOT. It just does not fit inside the SLOT.

Is there an adaptor that I was suppose to receive with this EZ-Flash IV Lite Card that i did not receive? Anyone know what the problem is?

thanks

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    No, that is how it comes. with nothing.

You can use the microSD adapter you got from any slot1 flashcart. The slot is likely a tight fit for the micrSD since it is not spring loaded.

you might need some tape or string to remove the microSD like this:
    [​IMG]

3. Bree500
    OP

United States
    it micro sd adaptor is TOO BIG to fit into the EZ-Flash IV Lite Card. There is no way that thing will fit in there.

The picture you posted is a different EZ-Flash card than mine. Mine is the IV lite version.

But i see something interesting, why is there two different size adaptors in your picture? how do i get the smaller size adaptor? The adaptor that i bought came with my sandisk micro sd card. Did you buy your adaptor seperately? what is that adaptor called? and why is it smaller than the ones i purchased?

Here is a link below, so you can see what i purchased.

http://shoptemp.net/products/EZ%252dFlash-IV-Lite.html

thanks

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Wrong. the "Lite" version is for the DS Lite, like how_do_i_do_that posted.

Yours is the normal EZ Flash IV. It needs a MINI SD adaptor, or MINI SD card. Like he originally posted...

[​IMG]

Mini is center, Micro is the right.

5. Bree500
    OP

United States
    thanks schlupi, i didn't know there were 3 different sizes. Now i know why mine didn't fit. Can i just buy the right sized adaptor all by itself at a retail store? i don't remember them being sold seperately.

6. Bree500
    OP

United States
    i have a DS lite, but i bought it for my GBA SP. Will the EZ-Flash IV Lite Card work with my GBA SP? I could have sworn on the title it said for GBA when i bought it.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    This is a EZ-Flash IV:
    [​IMG]

This is a EZ-Flash IV lite (pictured next to 3in1s):
    [​IMG]

If you got the first pictured one, you need a miniSD adapter or buy a 2GB miniSD card.
    If you got the one in the second picture, you need only the microSD usb reader.

Yes the EZ-Flash IV works in a GBA SP.

8. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Yes, it'll work with GBA, GBA SP, Micro, DS, and DS Lite. Anything with a GBA slot. [​IMG]

@ how_do_i_do_that: SWEET Micro case! Do you think those are still sold anywhere? >_> I would like one... time to scour ebay.

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I got the cover with a 12in1 accessory pack off amazon marketplace. I ended only getting the 12in1 pack for the usb cable and the cover, everything else went in the trash.

This kit has the same clear cover. it is listed for 20 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000OM8ILM

10. Bree500
    OP

United States
    did i purchase the correct memory card? Since you have confirmed that i have to get a mini sd adaptor, do i need to purchase a mini sd card as well or will my micro sd card work with this ezflash IV Card ?

what is the best emulator for nes and gba to run on the ezflash iv card? I am using this on my gba sp system.

11. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
  12. Bree500
    OP

United States
    because i have never owned one before. So i bought 2 for my ds and 1 for my gba. And no its not a lot. My brother plays with one, i play with the other.

13. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    *nodnod*
    Okay. I was just wondering. There's certainly no rule against how many flashcarts you can own.
    I simply found it odd.

14. Bree500
    OP

United States
  15. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Sorry for the confusion, the EZ Flash IV was incorrectly named on Shoptemp until last night. I got Costello to fix it though.

But yes, that is indeed a normal EZ Flash IV that uses miniSD cards or microSD cards if you have a microSD to miniSD adapter. Note that the EZ Flash IV does not support SDHC cards so you're going to want to use a non-SDHC card. For microSD that is normally all cards at 2GB or below while non-SDHC miniSDs sometimes can be found in sizes up to 4GB.

16. Bree500
    OP

United States
    thanks minox. I just went to 3 different electronic stores and not one store had mini sd cards or any mini sd adaptors. That was a surprise. I didn't know they were discontinued. Best buy didn't have them. Staples didn't have them. And Fry's electronics didn't have them either.

17. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You don't emulate GBA games.
    For NES games, use PocketNES.

18. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    The thing about the microSD to miniSD adapters is that they usually come with the microSD cards themselves. It's not all that common for stores to sell them separately.

MiniSD cards however are not used much at all nowadays thanks to microSD cards.

19. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I found my miniSD card on gamersection.ca

It cost about 20 bucks for a 2GB one, probably because they're discontinued and have become rarer.
    But I remember seeing another online shop that had them for a pretty low price, not sure if they still had them in stock.

20. Bree500
    OP

United States
    thanks minox for the great help. After the info you provided, i knew i had no choice but to go with a 4gb card rather than a 2gb memory card because when i bought my sandisk 8gb memory card, when you open the card, it shows only like 7.3gb available and i hadn't even added anything yet.

so if i bought a 2gb card, i didn't want to start with like 1.3gb of memory available. that would be way too small.

I am just gonna order this online. I just moved, so i have to drive like 3 hours just to get my mail because i am using my old address for all my purchases. But at the end, i think it will all be worth it.

Penguin7 thanks, i am gonna order this asap.