Just received M3 Real, have some questions

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by antshah, Oct 30, 2008.

1. antshah
    OP

antshah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2007
    United States
    Hi,
    I just got the deluxe one, with the gba expansion and rumble pack. I've only ever used R4 and Cyclods before so I was wondering is there anything I should know about it? Also is loading firmware similar to m3/r4? What files do I need to download for 100% of the features to work?
    THANKS

I have put the SYSTEM folder in the root, but nothing happens when I turn on my DS?

2. 11gardir

11gardir GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Read the important looking bits of http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197
    Then download the Sakura triple loader. Decompress it and copy it to your card so that the SYSTEM and other folders are in the root. Hold Y while booting to use the iTouch firmware (homebrew), and X for the original M3R firmware (rts etc.).

If nothing still happens, make sure of things like the pins actually touching the contacts inside your DS (I think there's a fix involving sticking a piece of paper/card to the back of your cart, but I don't have that problem so I've never looked.)

3. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
  4. antshah
    OP

antshah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2007
    United States
    all that happens is a screen comes up with the m3ds real logo, nothing else happens.

5. g6team

g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Try it with another Microsd. We had reports where the Microsd was causing issue like this.

6. 11gardir

11gardir GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    What brand is your SD card?

7. aerowalk

aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    i got a problem b4, my ds cant read the m3 real cart (no cart detected)
    let me know if you got this problem, i got the fix (not by sticking paper or etc)

8. antshah
    OP

antshah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2007
    United States
    no, my ds reads the m3real, it's just the real doesn't read the microsd, it's a sandisk 4gb.
    I read somewhere that if you run HD Tach and the results are around 0.9ms and 18mb/s then it won't run, but if it's 0.7ms and 10.1mb/s then it will work? Could somebody with a working m3 real and microsd please test this out in HD Tach?
    Thanks

9. 11gardir

11gardir GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Strange - SanDisk are normally good. I have a SanDisk 2gb ultra card and it works fine, but HD Tach is playing up at the moment.

10. Whizz

Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Nov 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Turn around...
    I have this sometimes, try taking out the micro sd and putting it back in a couple of times. If that doesn't work you could try putting a bit tape on the micro sd, so it's thicker and can connect easier.

11. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    there are some FAKE M3 REALs out there which are R4 CLONES maby theres a chance its one of these [​IMG]

check the M3 WEBSITE for more details!

there's some threads on this already on this forum [​IMG]

12. antshah
    OP

antshah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2007
    United States
    it's not fake, the website on the box I received is www.m3adapter.com

13. antshah
    OP

antshah Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2007
    United States
    please help me, I've tried apacer 2gb, sandisk 4gb and sandisk 8gb none of them work!

14. aerowalk

aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006