Just received a hacked xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bonder, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Bonder
    OP

Bonder Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2013
    Hi everyone!

First post :ph34r:

I've just received an Xbox360 which i believe to be flashed and just need some help figuring out what kind of crack was applied and what are the limitations of this crack

Willing to undo the chassis just need some guidance and pics can be provided on request!

Thanks!

2. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    If it's flashed, find a dual layer disk, rip a legit copy (or find it elsewhere), burn it using an iHas or the Max Burner payload dealie thing, and stick it in the drive. If it reads it as the game, YAY. If not, then NOPE.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    From IRC you said it has a manufacturing date of 2008-12-06 which probably means a Jasper 7 series liteon originally ( http://www.360drives.com/howto should help confirm it). 2.0.8955.0 was the dash you say which is great, it is past the point of no return for JTAG but is really nice for RGH, a RGH jasper liteon drive is a really nice hacked machine to have.

It is basically impossible to tell what hacked firmware your DVD is on without dumping the drive. You can try things to narrow it down but it is not worth it as the end result is you still need to upgrade it, fortunately with the dashboard you are on the chances are it is one you can get the code from easily enough (the later firmwares like LT made dumping the keys harder).

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Like FAST said, it's a nice machine to RGH.
    Update it to 14699 (update can be found on Filetrip)

If you want XBLive access then you than update it to the lastest FW and reflash the drive (I'd dump the FW of the drive before reflashing it)