Hacking Just put cfw on my old2ds do i need an update blocker incase i accidently update?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, more than likely you'll be safe to update when an update comes, just check these forums before updating. If you do accidentally update (and the current Luma version doesn't support it) then you would just need to either restore a NAND backup or wait for a Luma version that was compatible.

Reactions: Jacklack3

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Did you install Boot9Strap? Seeing as you just put CFW on your 3DS, i'll assume you're using Boot9Strap... You can update, does not matter. The exploit is from the bootrom itself, meaning that someone would have to take your 3DS apart to patch the exploit.

You can check if you have Boot9Strap if you go to the Luma Update app and look on the top screen if it says "sighax" then you have Boot9Strap.

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok great I only ask for an update blocker because my boy uses it and he might do it by accident so an update blocker would be ideal.thanks

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes its boot9strap i followed the 3dsguide.thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Crumbs i forgot to use cleanup_sd_card.gm9 part of the guide am i in trouble?

Reactions: Jacklack3

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes its boot9strap i followed the 3dsguide.thanks

Crumbs i forgot to use cleanup_sd_card.gm9 part of the guide am i in trouble?

No, you are fine you just have some extra files on the SD card but that doesn't really matter unless you have a really small SD card and even 64GB cards are cheap.

The only thing you need to do is make regular nand backups, if you have those you can recover from almost anything including physically destroyed nand chips (by making an emunand and using ntrboot to boot up your 3ds every time you turn it on). The only thing that can't be fixed now is a MCU brick but those are so rare now (the main way to get one is to put a n3ds in sleep mode after having downgraded to firmware 2.1, which is something that isn't done anymore) that you can just ignore those.

Bubbypop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh 1 other thing i used a r4i 3ds rts flashcard to put cfw on my old2ds it said that it cant be used for ds games any more is this the case or can this be reversed?ty

Ntrboot i think it is.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh 1 other thing i used a r4i 3ds rts flashcard to put cfw on my old2ds it said that it cant be used for ds games any more is this the case or can this be reversed?ty

Ntrboot i think it is.
The guide should tell you how to restore it. https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldnt worry much about it if your using boot9strap since it will persist regardless if your format your 3ds or even update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1