Hardware Just picked up the new model Switch with better battery life.

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is looking for one. I got one at Gamestop today. The box art is a little different as you can see here.

new-switch-model-1000x562.jpg

So if you are looking for one of these new models, this is what you want to be looking for.

Here is a video that goes into details on the differences of display, battery life, and other aspects between the two Switch versions.

Last edited by LordRahl72,
Reactions: NoNAND

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...how is it? We all know it's Switch, but.....can it run Crysis BotW for 5+ hours?

It is amazing. I am currently running Red Dead Redemption 2 @8K@144FPS in handheld mode and it isn't even breaking a sweat.

On a serious note, it is a good upgrade for those with a banned modded switch who just wants something legit to play their purchased games on without fear of a ban.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...so, it can't blend an iphone....noted.

Everything is pretty much the same then? Do you notice any "improvements" on any game?......Or is this Switch #1 for you?

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...so, it can't blend an iphone....noted.

Everything is pretty much the same then? Do you notice any "improvements" on any game?......Or is this Switch #1 for you?

This is switch # 8 or maybe 9 cant remember now.

It seems mostly the same. It might feel a slightly lighter but but I haven't weigh it to be sure. I just got it over my lunch break at work and only had time to setup my account and get it started at download all the titles I have previously purchased so I haven't had time to do any comparisons. Technically it shouldn't be any different other than the better battery life due to a more efficient chip and components. The display does seem a little brighter and sharper but that could just be because it is new.

Last edited by LordRahl72,
Reactions: Reynardine

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what is different about the box art ? EDIT nvrm forgot that i had my box laying around right next to me on my shelf and didn't google. Yeah it's quite different so good for people wanting to pick up one up as you can immediately see the difference

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: LordRahl72

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is what the original model switch box art looks like.

nintendo-switch-colors.jpg
Yeah, just edited my post. But good that people can see the difference. Was a bit afraid they were going to sell them in the same boxes and people couldn't see the difference if they wanted to pick up the newer model. Good that they did

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its easy to spot.

Its not something someone would want to buy to mod. But if they want to pickup a second switch just to keep stock its definitely a better option than the original model unhackable ones.

Reactions: kumikochan

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How sure are you about this? Reswitched folks say it's not likely & others have all been 8.0.1

Very sure. The console wouldn't let me link my Nintendo account until the system was updated. So after the initial setup and I got into the normal dashboard I went into settings then to system setting to apply the latest update. At that point I took note of the original firmware which was 7.0.1.

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very sure. The console wouldn't let me link my Nintendo account until the system was updated. So after the initial setup and I got into the normal dashboard I went into settings then to system setting to apply the latest update. At that point I took note of the original firmware which was 7.0.1.

You shouldn't have linked a nintendo account. I think you got the supernag people talk about. Should have used the DNS settings to block Nintendo Servers.

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have linked a nintendo account. I think you got the supernag people talk about. Should have used the DNS settings to block Nintendo Servers.

I have plenty of other exploitable Switch consoles I can use. I only got this because I wanted to keep it stock and use it for my fairly large official digital game library that I have from the Nintendo store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls