Just out of curiosity -> failing GW boot...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GrabitHot, Dec 4, 2014.

1. GrabitHot
    OP

GrabitHot Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    United States
    I just want to know if anyone else has ever tried to boot up gateway, but it never succeeds and the 3ds screen remains black. After which you have to turn of 3ds and try again. I wonder if this is voidable or not.

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It happens sometimes to me.

3. Naderino

Naderino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Canada
    It's unavoidable until the Gateway team removes all the bugs, which I'm sure are very hard to find. There has always been a chance of error with most exploits. Gateway's exploit / Launcher was much more buggy when they first released. It's much more stable now and I'm sure it isn't much of an issue for most of us. The same happened with Palantine's CFW which improved the existing problems with GiovanifY's CFW. However, that is much less stable than Gateway's Launcher.

4. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    This happened to me just yesterday. It has happened once in the past too but it's not too common. I would say it happens to me 10-15% of the time.

It happened to me with both class 4 and class 10 SD cards.

5. Dualin

Dualin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    Same thing happens to me about 10% of the time when booting to gateway. Pretty annoying they haven't fixed this bug yet, maybe it's an unavoidable part of the exploit.

6. frenk99999

frenk99999 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    Slovenia
    Don't worry about that, its normal for that to happen :)

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I used to have this problem before the Omega firmware. Since then it has been rock stable, works every time.
    Takes a lot longer to enter Gateway mode though, it was speculated that they added a lot of code in an attempt to make it more stable which also increased the loading times.
    At least it's not as bad as the leaked CFW which only loads 5% of the time :P

8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    yeah I get this issue happen quite often on my 3DSXL but never had it happen to me on my Aqua 3DS. :unsure: