Hacking Just out of curiosity -> failing GW boot...

GrabitHot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know if anyone else has ever tried to boot up gateway, but it never succeeds and the 3ds screen remains black. After which you have to turn of 3ds and try again. I wonder if this is voidable or not.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unavoidable until the Gateway team removes all the bugs, which I'm sure are very hard to find. There has always been a chance of error with most exploits. Gateway's exploit / Launcher was much more buggy when they first released. It's much more stable now and I'm sure it isn't much of an issue for most of us. The same happened with Palantine's CFW which improved the existing problems with GiovanifY's CFW. However, that is much less stable than Gateway's Launcher.

Dualin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing happens to me about 10% of the time when booting to gateway. Pretty annoying they haven't fixed this bug yet, maybe it's an unavoidable part of the exploit.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used to have this problem before the Omega firmware. Since then it has been rock stable, works every time.
Takes a lot longer to enter Gateway mode though, it was speculated that they added a lot of code in an attempt to make it more stable which also increased the loading times.
At least it's not as bad as the leaked CFW which only loads 5% of the time :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back