Hacking just ordered a new 3DS xl and a gateway, how do i get started?

zaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i've read the stickies etc and i know there is currently no support for the N3DS yet but how do i get started with a brand new console ?

-before i turn the internet on : do i have to/can i block ip adresses to prevent firmwares updates?
-i know you need internet every time you want to play a game ,but if i want to play on the train to work can i launch the exploit at home , put 3ds in sleep mode/standby and then launch games after?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-i know you need internet every time you want to play a game ,but if i want to play on the train to work can i launch the exploit at home , put 3ds in sleep mode/standby and then launch games after?

Flashcards tend to cause a larger battery drain during sleep mode, don't forget, so you may need to recharge sooner if you do this.

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't have an internet connection set up on the 3DS, you'll never download the update. But once you get into Gateway and setup emunand, just delete your connection setting from sysnand. Sysnand is what you really want to protect from updates. And the updates don't force you to install them, they're just popups that ask you to update. Just hit no if you get it. Your 3DS just needs a connection, the wifi on, and a few minutes to download that update prompt to your 3DS.

Back then, I thought those update prompts only come up if you put your 3DS in sleep mode while having the wifi on.

Reactions: Tyrantt

Tyrantt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't have an internet connection set up on the 3DS, you'll never download the update. But once you get into Gateway and setup emunand, just delete your connection setting from sysnand. Sysnand is what you really want to protect from updates. And the updates don't force you to install them, they're just popups that ask you to update. Just hit no if you get it. Your 3DS just needs a connection, the wifi on, and a few minutes to download that update prompt to your 3DS.

Back then, I thought those update prompts only come up if you put your 3DS in sleep mode while having the wifi on.

So even if it downloads the update, as long as you hit no everytime, youll be fine, right? and what did he mean by you have to have the internet on everytime you want to play a game?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even if it downloads the update, as long as you hit no everytime, youll be fine, right? and what did he mean by you have to have the internet on everytime you want to play a game?

Yep it's harmless as long as you're not just recklessly pressing A when you know that you have the update prompt. There's actually a way to get rid of it too.
You need an internet connection to boot up emunand, by using the browser exploit. 4.5 3DS can simply use the blue card exploit and stay offline.
The N3DS doesn't support Gateway yet, but it will use the browser exploit once it's ready.

Reactions: Tyrantt

Tyrantt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it's harmless as long as you're not just recklessly pressing A when you know that you have the update prompt. There's actually a way to get rid of it too.
You need an internet connection to boot up emunand, by using the browser exploit. 4.5 3DS can simply use the blue card exploit and stay offline.
The N3DS doesn't support Gateway yet, but it will use the browser exploit once it's ready.

Ill have to check that out. is it pretty self explanatory to use? and whats the blue card exploit?

Do you know if there have been any reports of people being banned with A) the new 3ds? and B) with version 9.4 or lower? if not, does that mean as long as you dont update the new 3ds you can go online with public headers?

speaking of public headers, is there a way to make them private? i read about people having private headers and something about a .cia file, but im not sure what that is yet.

sorry for the noob questions. I just learned about the ban a hour ago and im trying to figure out wtf is going on.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill have to check that out. is it pretty self explanatory to use? and whats the blue card exploit?

Do you know if there have been any reports of people being banned with A) the new 3ds? and B) with version 9.4 or lower? if not, does that mean as long as you dont update the new 3ds you can go online with public headers?

speaking of public headers, is there a way to make them private? i read about people having private headers and something about a .cia file, but im not sure what that is yet.

sorry for the noob questions. I just learned about the ban a hour ago and im trying to figure out wtf is going on.

Use CIA's and I'm 99% sure you can't get banned!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu