Hacking Just ordered a DSTT from RHS awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait, wait.....are you this person?
Nuclear Crow said:
By the way....on the aspect of AKAIO I have one thing to say.

Normatt, you rock more *** than any other flashcart dev out there. Keep being ******* awesome!

I am already enjoying the following on my Acekard2.

-Relatively non-existant bootup time (Less than 2 seconds last I timed it)
-AKAIO!
-Multitude of skins available (Seriously, M3 Sakura and even Moonshell aint got anything on this bad boy)
-Wii Connectivity (This was actually a feature that I was naively, unaware of. +9001 to Normatt!)
-Responsive touchscreen controls (If I had to say it, they seem to be just if not more responsive than M3 Sakura)
-All the nifty little features, such as (List by internal name/etc, Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, etc. Seriously, does any other flashcart firmware even consider this!?)
-AKAIO, again!
-Ability to use the official loaders (But seriously, why would I ever want to use any of these over AKAIO!?)
-Compatability of save files from other carts (All of my M3 Saves work just fine on AKAIO, which is great.)
-No save bug (All of my saves work and do not vanish at any point)
-Did I say this already....AKAIO!

I have to say, this card may never leave my DS Lite...

Now all I need to find is a Disgaea Prinny skin, and my AK2 will be perfect dood!

Or has someone stolen your identity? Geez, only 20 days ago....you were stiffer than a 2 day old corpse! AK2 is now the backup behind DSTT
wtf.gif
Look behind you buddy, you dropped some marbles

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If I turn out not to like the DSTT more than my AK2, which will depend on the frequency of updates for one as opposed to the other,

Huh... DSTT official support is dead, unofficial is in the hands of an emo jap and UI is one of the worst I've seen.

D

Deleted User

Nuclear Crow said:
Ok, GBATemp.

So now that I had some money, my greed for flashcarts like a little ticking time bomb in the back of my mind finally wen't off with full force.

I ordered a DSTT off of RHS, but when I was looking at an actual image of the card itself, I could not believe my eyes...

An actual grill between the contacts! Not often I see one of these on a flashcart

It only got better from here though, for a multitude of different reasons.

A. It was only $15 USD with free USPS first class shipping, and a 1 GB MicroSD card (I'm assuming this means it's coming to my mailbox and not to my front door. I dunno, me stupid and uninformed of how US postal service work in term of delivery type.)

B. I read about the build quality, and it sounds good from what I can conclude

C. It also read it's often updated, well....at least the unofficial kernel.

D. Lots and lots of skins seem to be available, and good ones at that. Which is a good thing, because I am very, very indecisive on what skins I use

E. It was only $15!

F. It was ordered from RHS, who are in New Jersey, which is in the US, so no waiting 2 weeks like I had to with my AK2 I got from Kickgaming, nothing against them but I am really impatient sometimes.

So this leaves a cruel fate for my M3DS Real though. This means my M3 is officially Homebrew and Retro games only, my AK2 becomes my backup if I turn out to not like the DSTT as much, and my DSTT will again become my main.
In My Opinion You Should Have Got CycloDS. 100% Compatibility, Frequent Updates, Stealth Mode (Stops The Game Noticing It Is Being Played On A Flash Cart So It Does Not Activate Anti-Piracy)

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys missed the point - this guy was absolutley 'tugging' at himself over his brand new AK2i running AKAIO 1.5.1. He made about 3 different threads in a short period of time...it was like he just got his first kiss (or even better!)
wub.gif

Now he's paid approx 50% more than he should have, for an unsupported, inferior product
tongue.gif

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Dark^'^Knight said:
You guys missed the point - this guy was absolutley 'tugging' at himself over his brand new AK2i running AKAIO 1.5.1. He made about 3 different threads in a short period of time...it was like he just got his first kiss (or even better!)
wub.gif

Now he's paid approx 50% more than he should have, for an unsupported, inferior product
tongue.gif

I think he's got a uncontrollable urge to buy as many different flashcarts possible, no matter whether they are good carts or not.

Also, when he receives his new flashcart, it becomes the best thing since sliced bread

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you already have a AK2i and M3, wouldn't you have been better off getting a memory card instead? Even the UK I can get a 8GB Class 4 SDHC Micro SD cad for $17 including shipping. Then you could have put a few thousand skins of it to give you a wider choice.

It's not like the DSTT is going to do anything the AK won't.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
(DSTT from RHS W/ 1 GB Micro SD & Free Shipping=$15, R4 SDHC RTS=$17 with free shipping), so how is the DSTT inferior? Maybe to the Acekard, but not to that inferior R4 clone device.

I don't know, some R4 clones get updated faster than the DSTT at least.

This is not a recommendation to buy an R4 clone, though, just answering your question.

QUOTEBesides, I think the CyclosDS is overrated anyways. Even if it has all those features.

Overrated how? Overpriced maybe, but considering the build quality of it I'd rather pay a bit more than have to stick pieces of paper in my DS or hell knows what other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/new-konami-code-discovered-in-castlevania-game-25-year...