Just order my M3 Simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by rohanrns, Jan 24, 2007.

Jan 24, 2007

Just order my M3 Simply by rohanrns at 6:48 PM (632 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. rohanrns
    OP

Newcomer rohanrns Newbie

United States
    I just placed an order for the M3 Simply from modchipstore.com

I just had a few questions.

1) Will I be getting a M3 from the "newer" batch consisting of the better card reader as well as new carrying case and the lack of M3/R4 conversion?

2) Newegg has a Kingston 1G microsd car d for $13+5(shipping). I've checked the compatiblity chart and this card seems to work fine. Does anyone have any better suggestions for a low price point?

3) When I get the M3, can I simply toss 1.0.2 onto it, or should i use a step procedure (1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2)?

4) If a newer revision of the M3 releases (with prettier colors, or more hardware fixes, or something) am I stuck with my version? Is there anyway to trade up?

I think that's all the questions for now. I'll probably post some more as I actually receive the card.

Thanks.

2. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    1) i think modchipstore get the new batches as loadsa people order from them, they'll be constantly recycling stock

2) good call... no comments, although toshiba cards are roughly the same, if you can find them cheaper (kingston have lifelong guarantee tho, and tosh have 5r)

3) just load 1.0.2 as changing the firmware doesnt require installation, the M3simply simply reads the firmware from the MicroSD card, so you can put whatever firmware version you want without much fuss

4) i doubt it, the M3 Real is soon to be released apparently

3. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    oh and p.s. $60 is a lot of money, even with 2day shipping! you can get an R4 shipped for about $45, but I got my R4 for $38 with 3 days euro shipping =]

4. rohanrns
    OP

Newcomer rohanrns Newbie

United States
    hiya, thanks for the replies.

I wanted to get the M3 only because I have heard of their work on the scene much more than R4. I know they are probably the same manufacturer, I still wanted a little bit of assurance. Similarly, I wanted to buy from modchipstore only because I have worked with them a little in the past (PS1 boot discs) and I have some faith in them over other companies.