sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And that's Mario Kart, isn't it? After that, is there life after for the Wii? What happened to Wii Orchestra/Wii Music? Disaster Day of Crisis? Project Hammer and all these new an innovative Wii games that were coming out to revolutionise the gaming market it. My favourite is the VAPOURWARE title Sadness (this one leaves me in stitches)

A lot of people got duped into believing in the Wii promise. One year on and few (if any games) could have done with a GC Controller it seems.

But I don't care what could have been done, I care about what's happening now. We will possibly see a new Wii Zelda surface as Nintendo was quoted as saying TP was the last incarnation of its type, and that the new zelda would be different. I don't think we'll see another Mario, Smash Brothers and the like since Nintendo tend to release single versions of it's franchises per Ninty console (handhelds and NES) excluded.

Do you still feel excited by what Nintendo promised a year ago and failed to really deliver its promise on? My Wii is still collecting dust and won't be cleared until I get a working copy of NMH or SSBB in English/UK format. What about Wiiware, in theory a good idea to make games fun again by programming the best ideas into a small space to force developers to think more intelligently about what can stand out as a product. But this could also encourage more to create DSI and Popcorn Arcade titles.

WiiFit with Mario Kart and SSBB could save 2008 for Nintendo but beyond what we know of those titles, what's there to look forward to on the wii?

I feel worse for PS3 owners, I mean they have it pretty bad, but at least they get ports or original games that do offer promise, 360 the same.

NMH and Zak And Wiki potentially tanked in their native land, and haven't fared better over seas. Original gaming lke this on the wii you think would endear more gamers, but it's just found a niche audience.

A Wii on it's own is no pleasure, but with anther console it has promise. Ninty games on a Ninty console (about 5 games), and everything else on PS3/360/PC combo.

Over reaction, or do think there's some truth to this? Opinions?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty true.

N64 had 2 Zelda games. Maybe Wii will get lucky and have a second Zelda game? But since the SNES it seems it's just one big title per category, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart. And then Smash Brothers started with N64. And after that it's over.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
And that's Mario Kart, isn't it? After that, is there life after for the Wii? What happened to Wii Orchestra/Wii Music? Disaster Day of Crisis? Project Hammer and all these new an innovative Wii games that were coming out to revolutionise the gaming market it. My favourite is the VAPOURWARE title Sadness (this one leaves me in stitches)
Over reaction, or do think there's some truth to this? Opinions?

AFAIK all those games are still coming out.. with the exception of Project Hammer.
And Wiiware is gaining some good support.. today Eternity Child (a very "artistic" game) was announced for Wiiware (http://kotaku.com/351934/eternitys-child-coming-to-wiiware), and if I remember well, there's a Bomberman game, a Pokemon game and a Final Fantasy Christal Cronicles game coming to Wiiware.

Anyway, that was just the first year of the Wii.. if you get the first year of the PS2, 360 or any other console.. you'll see that the Wii is not that bad for it's first year. Not counting that it's a totally new hardware, it's a new paradigm to gaming and most of the developers doesn't know how to use it yet, like happened to the DS, we'll see a lot of crap and gimmicky games but with time people will learn how to use better the controls and make better games.

Pretty true.

N64 had 2 Zelda games. Maybe Wii will get lucky and have a second Zelda game? But since the SNES it seems it's just one big title per category, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart. And then Smash Brothers started with N64. And after that it's over.

The Game Cube had also 2 Zelda games.. and you're forgetting some Nintendo franchises there.. Animal Crossing and Kirby were already confirmed for the Wii.. and there's always FZero and Star Fox, those two could put the Wii controls to good use.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
With the motion controls I was hoping we'd get some decent sports games. PES 2008 should be a popular game with it being online.

Also hoping for a good online tennis, golf and baseball game.

Alfangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah there's still a few franchises that could be put to good use on Wii, remember they probably still have 2+ more years of prime console positioning.

Starfox, F-Zero, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Maybe a decent Pokemon game...

Plus Retro and Factor 5 both have projects coming.

And there's too much potential for an FPS using the remote for MOHH2 to be the best we get...

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are seriously in the dark if you actually believe 08 isn't gonna be a huge year for Nintendo systems. Loads of 3rd party (Bully, Okami, Destroy All Humans, Winning 11 looks amazing) and all that shit is coming out BEFORE MARIO KART so don't give me that bullshit. Invest more than 0 seconds looking up what is coming out BEFORE APRIL EVEN ! ! ! God damn

OOOOH YEAH after they finish Mario Kart, Nintendo is just giving up on the Wii. Yeah, APRIL is the Wii's death date. Are you fucking kidding me ? Are you snorting glue ?

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't write Ninty-endo of yet, they'll come good, a couple of polished diamonds yet i'm sure.
And Remember, some of us our still stuck on Metroid(just me) lol

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii has a lot of potential for FPS, Strategy and Point-and-click Adventure games.. and it's not being used..
As I see it, the best thing the Wii controls brought is the pointing thing, and it's the least used. This makes possible for console games to finally have a control as good as a mouse for these type of games.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people got duped? This is all just your opinion. There are plenty of games that are set for release or being planned. If you think Mario Kart is the only important game left to release, you need to widen your taste in games. What does it matter when some games don't sell well? Does it make them bad? Perhaps it's because you're stuck in the PAL region for games...

rafaelfrota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, we'll probrably have F-Zero on Wii and I beliieve in another Retro Studios great project ( not Metroid Prime though)
Also, I expect Third Parties to give us some cool games.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
i wish i could link you the ign article whiched previewed 2008 for the wii.
i'll post here if i can find it.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
ah, that was easy.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/846/846421p1.html
be sure to look through all 10 pages.

i'll just highlight some of them for you. (the ones that i think are pretty good)

bully
de blob
king's story
okami
sega superstar tennis
ROCKBAND
worms
animal crossing

plus, i wouldn't doubt nintendo releasing new colors of the wii this year.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
i wish i could link you the ign article whiched previewed 2008 for the wii.
i'll post here if i can find it.

this one: http://wii.ign.com/articles/846/846421p1.html ?

It's a good article.. shows that the Wii is far from dead..

EDIT: damn.. too slow
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night