Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hellooo,

Today i did the latest nividea diver update (296.10) 64bit win7
i also did about 30 windows updates.
both about 2 hours ago.

Anyway 10 mins ago i was on youtube and suddenly my screen went a strong tinge of pink, there were also lots of little black dots much like artifacts.

im using a GTX 560ti (No overclocking)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I can think of a few things that could do it, but you've not given enough details.

Did you restart after updating your drivers/Windows?
Were you using your computer a lot before it happened?
How long did it happen for (as in, turn pink)?
Did it restore back to normal after it happened? Did you have to reset the computer?
Does it work now?
How does your monitor connect to your graphics card?
What processes were running in the background at the time?
What temperature is your computer when running full load (e.g. whilst playing Skyrim)?

And as mentioned, don't bump your posts so quickly. I kinda work during the day, so I won't answer most questions until I get home. Many others are like that, in different time zones, so at least give a question 48 hours to be answered before you even think of bumping (and even then, you probably shouldn't do it).

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It can be due to something strange with the new driver and your card or overheating of the graphics card. You can try the program GPU-Z to monitor your graphics card's vitals. It will show the results from any temp probes, fan speeds, etc and will graph and log the results to see if something is not looking right (very high temps or low % fan speeds under stress). Other than that, you can try rolling back to the old driver in device manager.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It can be just about anything. Maybe the monitor cable is broken, maybe the monitor's going all wacko, maybe the card itself got dislodged a bit, maybe the core is frying on the GPU, maybe the memory is overheating on it and creates artifacts, maybe it's a driver mis-match.

You won't know until you install a different set of drivers. If the PC has an on-board GPU (most Mother Boards have one nowadays), use that rather then your main GPU, re-install the drivers and re-try. If the monitor's working then, the cable and the screen are fine. If after reinstalling drivers the situation persists then you'll have to open up that bad boy and check what's cooking.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It can be just about anything. Maybe the monitor cable is broken, maybe the monitor's going all wacko, maybe the card itself got dislodged a bit, maybe the core is frying on the GPU,

I'd say it's one of those or... the fan you use on the GPU is dying and leading to what the man I quoted said.

Short version: wiggle (funny word) your VGA cable from both your VGA & Monitor-end.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It just happened again while watching youtube videos.
first to answer your questions,
I restarted my computer a while before this happened.
My computer would have been using around 3 percent of the CPU and the gpu was hardly under stress (it plays crysis on max at 40fps), i use hw037 info to monitor all my temps, after it happened it the tempretures were normal by the time i had restarted.
it happened until i restarted, i waited about 15 secounds this time but the computer seems to freeze (including sound).
skipping a few questions, my monitor is connected via DVI, and the monitor is a 2 month old LG 1920-1680 21.5 inch, the cable came with it.
nothing unusual was running in the background and my GPU is normally around 80 whilst playing skyrim, it gets to 87ish sometimes.

also sorry about the bump, it was unnecessary.

Replying on 3ds, sorry bout the format

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with my monitor randomly turning pink and its definitely the cable causing this problem, in my case anyway.

Try wiggling it or pushing it in a little more when it turns pink and see if anything happens. You'll likely just need a new cable unless its a problem with the DVI port on the monitor or your graphics cards.

graynes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Its also possible that this problem is caused by the psu not delivering enough power. It can happend when its old or if it isnt powerfull enough for your computer.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem once, I don't remember the solution exactly but it was either, resetting something to default in my gpu drivers, or deleting and reinstalling my drivers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.