Gaming Just noticed left side of 3DS has loose hinge

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When its closed I have a effect similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmxACI7458o

Only the left side is like this, my right side is perfect. I have heard of ppl sending it to Nintendo and they fix it and bring it back, just 1 question. Do they supply the box/label so I dont get charged? Also I see the guy here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqfk9gr0fc Has a speccial sort of box. Does Nintendo provide u with that?

I also got the 90-day extended warrenty on it, I bought mine on the 27th, so could I take it into Best Buy? Or do they not do that...

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh... Here we go again. More hardware problems.
Maybe you could take it to Best Buy, but if you do, test your new 3DS in the store to avoid a nasty surprise >.>

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The lady is correct..when I bought mine I told the the seller to test it before paying for it. I still remember the time someone bought a ds and when he/she opened the box at his/her house it was a rock. That gives me the creeps so before buying something inside a box I always demand to see the product working first.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
The lady is correct..when I bought mine I told the the seller to test it before paying for it. I still remember the time someone bought a ds and when he/she opened the box at his/her house it was a rock. That gives me the creeps so before buying something inside a box I always demand to see the product working first.
rofl.gif

Maybe it be best to turn it in to Nintendo directly?

Which side of you 3DS had smudges now?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Burton said:
rofl.gif

I have already filled out the Online Repair Service, and it has been confirmed that I can get mine fixed. I just need to wait for an email from them for the label + instructions on how to ship it to them.

Good think I also got 90-day external warranty from Club Nintendo
tongue.gif

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
KingVamp said:
Burton said:
rofl.gif

I have already filled out the Online Repair Service, and it has been confirmed that I can get mine fixed. I just need to wait for an email from them for the label + instructions on how to ship it to them.

Good think I also got 90-day external warranty from Club Nintendo
tongue.gif

i thought nintendo gives 1 year warranty PLUS 90 days when registering it? if so it didnt really matter that you got the 90 days extra warranty xD. but im sending mine in too because my wobbly hinge and the squeaky sound it makes when i open it is getting to me.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sent in my 3DS today, Nintendo told me that it would take minimum 10 days for me to get my 3DS back and fixed, I will re-post back here my results once I get it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.