Just need a little help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by G-Dan, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

Just need a little help by G-Dan at 9:57 AM (434 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. G-Dan
    OP

Newcomer G-Dan Newbie

Australia
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole wii hacking thing and spent yesterday trying to work it out.

I basically followed this guide:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Anyway, I tried and tried and got everything installed and when it cam time to try out the games I'd burned they just didn't work. For instance, I'd put in the disk, tried running it with NeoGamma and Gecko, one gave a cannot read DVD error, the other gave a 1101 disc error.

So I've pretty much given up on that after a long battle of trying to get it to work.

So I am asking you guys, where can I find a guide to completely set-up this usb hardrive connection with my Wii. I have a 4.0 version, it has HBC installed and I have everything that was explained in that link above, except BootMii. I started the guide from 'Patching IOS36' and onwards.

So tomorrow I am looking to pickup a Western Digital 250+ GB usb hardrive to use, the reason why I am asking for a full guide is because I thought I just needed to install HBC and could play games right from the disc, but looks like I had to do more and I am sick of fiddling around with it.

If anyone could provide me with a full guide to doing this, it would be AWESOME!

I thought I'd mention that I don't have network connectivity via the Wii, so I guess I'd be using wad files?
    I do have a 2GB SD card that works with the Wii and an SD card reader.

I'll be downloading the games and putting them on the hardrive, is there anything I really need to know about that, it's just copy paste right? I read something about having to install the game to the Wii, is that true?

So basically a guide that teaches me how to get allow me to play games off my usb external hardrive on my Wii.

This is what I'd want it to look like:

As you can see from the video above, I'd like to be able to click the games I've downloaded and play them from the HD, it would be great if you could include a way for me to get the game covers without a network connection.

But eventually have something created like:

or

Like I said, if anyone can help that would be great, I just don't want to stuff this thing up and have it running properly.

Thanks!