Just My Luck...Help? (RB IOS troubles)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dr Awesomo, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010
  1. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Wii: 4.1U - Backup via Disc

Alright, here's the story.
    In a longing anticipation for the release (even beta would suffice) of the new RawkSD 3.0, i've decided to simply play the other games it claims to support. Those being Lego Rockband, and Band Hero (But mostly Lego Rockband)

I've looked around, asked a round, and followed a few guides. This is my success so far.
    I've installed cIOS 223 (IOS37 as Base)
    and cIOS 222 (IOS38 as a base)

Prior to doing this, I installed the cIOS r19 package just for good measure.

NOTE: It's been a long time since i've tinkered with my Wii. Things were working pretty decently up till now. Suffice it to say, I haven't the faintest clue as to what's been patched, what hasn't, or what's even on there at that. The only thing i'm absolutely sure of, it that I used the RawkSD Patcher to do whatever it needed to do.

In case you don't already know, my problem is that the instruments (with the exception of the mic, and only 1 at a time) do not work. This includes Beatles Rockband, which is something else I'd like to try.
    According to the guide I followed (The cIOS guide for newbies [​IMG]), What i've done thus far should work...but it doesn't.
    I couldn't help but to notice that the Herme's v5 installer is designed to work with uLoader. But, just my luck, uLoader only works with USB and SD Card, neither of which I have in a size large enough to fit an ISO onto it.
    So, I tried SOftChip, considering it has the option to choose which IOS the game boots with. The results are as follows.
    249: Boots to black screen
    250: Boots, but no peripherals work
    223: loct1 error(DI_ReadID)
    222: loct1 error(DI_ReadID)
    37: loct1 error(DI_ReadID)

As you can see...I have no idea what I'm doing. (If it's any consolation, Neogamma r7, or r9 doesn't work either =/)
    So, needless to say, I'm hoping some brilliant mind from GBAtemp could help me out, tell me what i've done wrong, and/or lead me in the right direction.

Theory: Would it be better to start from square 1, stripping my NAND of all modifcations? if so, how?

Well, there's my ramble. Thanks for listening, and even moreso should you provide a helping hand.
    (You don't even need to have good advice. Just post something along the lines of "Sorry bud, you're screwed" if that's the case. The last thing I need is hopeless silence from the crowd)
    -Play Safe

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    What size sd or usb do you have, because if you use a trimmed iso or a .wbfs file than the size is way less than 4.7 GB

EDIT: not sure if it will help, but you could try using waninkoko's cios rev 17 to load the backup

3. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    Well, I've got a couple 2GB SD cards, and a 4GB MicroSDHC card (If it's possible to use it, I got the SD Card adapter as well)

And what do you mean by using r17 to boot the game? Wouldn't r19 patch the same files that r17 did? and even so, which ones did it patch?
    (I've hear a lot of word that IOS 222/223 are the ones I should be focusing on for a problem of this nature.)

Anywho. Trimmed? .wbfs? If you feel so inclined, please, tell me more ^___^

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    When you load it in neogamma, are you changing the ios from 249 to 223 or 222, try to use 37 merged with38 as base.

What base did you use for r19?

5. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    To be honest, I've been looking for a way to change the IOS period, be it negamma r7 or r9.
    Could you tell me how to do this? It'd be greatly appreciated, and I'll be sure to wive it a shot [​IMG]

Edit: And as for cios r19, It was installed as 250 (as per the guide's instruction)
    Edit: Scratch that. Base was IOS 57

6. mauifrog

United States
    I don't see anyway to change the ios in neogamma, it may not support hermes. Usbloader gx supports it, and it will also load disk, but you need a drive attached.
    You could try with that

You could try this-

7. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    Guitar Hero 5 might be fun, but unfortunately, isn't exactly my target.
    However, having all of these programs and IOS's already installed, I regret to inform you that this procedure doesn't return positive results for any of the three other games (Lego RB, Beatles RB, Band Hero)
    Thanks for the tip, though [​IMG]

8. mauifrog

United States
    They all use instruments.

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The Wii reads the Guitar Hero guitar as a Classic Controller, so the procedure would be different.
    OP: Try installing cIOS249 rev19 with IOS37 as base, and then loading from Neogamma.

10. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    Yes, this is correct.

However, word has it that some of these games use different IOS to run their peripherals (Beatles Rockband and Country Track pack for example, use IOS37)

My problem is not that I can't get the game to run, it's that I can't use the instruments while it's running.

11. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    I was told this would work, and I really wish it did, But you can probably foretell the result.

This has already been tried. Neogamma loads them all just fine (With the exception of bandHero), but will not let any instruments connect.
    I've also heard that using what's called IOS37 Merged with 38 (or vice versa) is supposed to work...But how do you change the IOS used in Neogamma?
    Anywayz, I'm at something at a loss. Like the results above indicate, I can't seem to get any of them to work on any loader, regardless of what IOS is used (If the option is available)

Thanks for the thought, though ^^

12. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    IOS 37 merge 38 is an option when installing Hermes cIOS223.

13. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    Hmm, ya don't say...

Alright, I'll try that out then. What base will I be using? (If there's an option?)
    (Or maybe I have the wrong idea...)

And alright, suppose I do install like you say...what do I do then? Softchip it?

Edit: merged is unavailable. All i get is 37, 50 somthin, and 60 somethin =/

14. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    You are using hermes v5, i use v4 and have no problems with instruments.
    Install hermes ios 223v4 choose IOS 37 merge 38 when asked, then in neogamma try looking in the options for an ios option. I dont use gamma myself so im not sure. It should be there. Change the ios to 223 and save, then boot your game.

EDIT : Ijusst tried neogamma and there is no option to change ios, i believe you can do it when first loading neogamma, But i think you need a channel version thats made to do that. Try using softchip to load ur disc, changing the ios to 223

15. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Canada
    You have no idea how much I wish i could tell you that that worked...but alas, it didn't.

Softchip turned around and gave me the old loct1 error. (Run under IOS223)

If it's any consolation, I ran the v4 CIOS under IOS249...Should that be different?

16. blueowl0708

Newcomer blueowl0708 Member

United Kingdom
    Uloader can boot discs too. Why do you think it only does SD/USB?

17. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    Are you trying to use the Rock Band instruments or the Guitar Hero instruments?

I have all the guitar/music games except the original RB, and i run them all using CFG USB loader and ios 223v4, they all work perfectly. I am using the GH World Tour instruments but i can also confirm exact same setup works with the Band Hero instruments as i have 2 relatives whos wiis i have modded exact same as mine and they both use BH instruments.

18. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Never mind...

Strange that it should boot on another based cIOS, but not under 223/37
    It's been a long time since i've played RB2 (or other music games) from disc.
    Earlier post suggests that a .wbfs file (search.. there's a wii backup manager wich converts to it) is smaller, which it is..
    It should only be about 3.something instead of 4.7.

the ioctl error only occured with me if i had a bad burn.
    if you have hermes v5 installed, i suggest reverting back to v4 for softchip/neogamma.

X